Today we proudly feature our
Directors of Brotherly Love
THE FAB FIVE
1. Please introduce yourselves and tell us your age and a very special trait.
We are: Casper (6) totally white and our goodwill ambassador, Benjamin (5) a Tuxie who likes to yodel, Archie (4) a ginger who enjoys sitting on top of doors, Jimmy (3) all gray who’s tail curls like a monkey and Kip (2) the gentle black panther and best friends with Rio our dog.
2. If you had and alter ego, who would you like to be and why? No alter ego for us, we are very happy being the Fab Five, mancats and spoiled mama’s boys!
3. What do you like best/least about where you live? Well, we are Canadian kitties and we love living in Toronto, but most of the bloggers we know live in America so we know we will probably never meet them in person.
4. Who are some peeps/furiends you'd like to meet and why? I would love to meet Chrystal from Daily Dose of Dogs (aka Cats with your Coffee) because Jimmy and Kip both came from her private rescue. Sadly she lives very far away from us and each time we adopted a kitty from her we had help on the transport with volunteer bloggers driving certain legs of the journey so we never actually met! Two of my boys have special ladycat friends, I think Ben would like to meet his lovely Clementine who lives in Texas and Archie would like to meet his beautiful Tiri who lives in British Colombia.
5. If you could give one piece of random advice what would it be? We would have to say be happy, purr, nap when you feel like it, play lots and have an open heart…because life is short!
6. What do you do for fun? Our favourite things to do are lounge on our cat trees, watch Squirrel TV especially from the bedroom window because there is a big tree directly outside and play with daBird.
7. What is the first thing you do each morning? We all congregate in the bedroom to wake up mum and dad but not too early, we are very considerate and wait for their alarm clock to go off.
8. What is the first thing you notice about a new friend? We try not to be judgemental when it comes to new friends. For example when Rio came to live with us nobody held it against her that she was a dog!!!!
9. Tell us how you came to live in your family and how you got your name? We were all adopted from shelters or rescues. Casper means “bearer of gifts” and traditionally was one of the names of the three wise men. Benjamin just popped into my head when I looked at him, I thought it sounded like a formal name and therefore appropriate for a Tuxedo cat. Archie is supposed to mean “bold one” and he was the bravest kitten I had ever encountered so that suited him. Robert chose Jimmy, actually his proper name is James. Finally Kip was named after Rudyard Kipling who wrote the Jungle Book.
10. What is your absolute favorite food? We are pretty boring when it comes to food, we all eat the same thing; Go’s grain free Turkey, Duck & Chicken for dinner @ 6:00pm and we have a communal bowl of Medi-Cal Gastro Intestinal Fibre Response for nibbling throughout the day.
|MOM AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!|
BONUS: Fab Five...we would like to know your deepest dark secret to being such loving and caring brothers to each other. Mom says your Mom is a Cat Whisperer...she is amazed at how effortlessly she introduces a new kitty into your home. Tell us who is really the boss of your kingdom. Well, as much as I like the sound of “Cat Whisperer” I must confess that my secret weapon is Casper. He is so calm, relaxed and loving and always sets this tone when a new cat comes into the house. He welcomes his brothers with such generosity that the others do too! For our part we always ensured that each successive cat we adopted was younger and therefore smaller than the last so that during the acclimation period they would not be viewed as a threat. All the cats are content with their position within the hierarchy except I think that Ben would like to be alpha cat. He is a tiny boy who has a little bit of a Napoleon Complex, if there are ever any skirmishes in the household Ben is at the centre of the action. In reality though Casper is the boss of the kingdom, he is Top Cat and all the boys recognize that, even Ben
Archie, Ben, Casper, Jimmy, Kip and Rio Mom and I thank you so very very much
for this wonderful interview. We smiled all the way through reading it and posting the pictures.
It is said babes take on the personality of the parents. Mum Cat and Dad Robert
have expertly taught you all about unconditional love.
hugs Madi and Mom
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VISIT THESE LOVING BROTHERS AND ONE SISTER AND THEIR
LOVELY ASSISTANT (MUM CATRINA)
LOVELY ASSISTANT (MUM CATRINA)