Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Thoroughly Poetic Thursday #273

Thankful Thursday hosted

We are very very very thankful for ELECTRICITY...
We had a monster storm Tuesday evening 7/28/26
at 9:30 our power went out...it was not restored til 3:30 am 7/29/26.
The interior of my refrigerate was 48 degrees F.  Any temperature above 40 for longer that 3 hours means food had to be discarded.  Luckily, I had not bought the week's groceries.  I estimate I discarded about $50 to $60.

  Today we join

Angel Sammy and brudder Teddy
at Sammy's Poetry Corner

Here is our fun photo challenge


I saw this photo as a first meet and greet



CURIOUS ABOUT EACH OTHER
OH SO NERVIOUS
UNIQUE
PLAYFUL
LEARNING 
EYE CONTACT IS HARD
SUPPORTIVE

20 comments:

  1. Kit, Kat, Rocky & CaliJuly 30, 2026 at 1:54 AM

    Your poem hit the nail on the head (so to speak). Hope they loosen up a bit and get to know each other. Otherwise, they should just shake hands & call it a night! I wouldn’t know how to date these days! Of course I’d be happier at home in pjs with cats! 😹😹😹😹

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is super creative, love it! ...we fear a power blackout too... that is something what fits to this hellish summer... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Oh yes, they definitely look to be introducees! Sorry about the food waste... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!!! I'm thinking things were awkward at first but "warmed up" a little SLOWLY!

    Hugs, Pam and Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when the power goes out and it's even worse when you have to throw food out.
    I laughed at the picture. They both do look like they are feeling awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poem is just perfect! I hate when the power goes out too and there is all that worry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear the storm was that terrible one that your power was out so long. I will say I feel better about having a generator today. Even though it had been a long time since we had an outage in this summer when the refrigerator got hot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man...when the power goes out we find out how very dependent we are on power. And of course, as with us here and the three days in 90+ weather without a/c because the HVAC went out... is miserable. SO glad yours power is back on!! That was miserable I know; and thank goodness you're having a grocery run! I haven't had to throw out anything in quite a while from outages thank goodness. .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, I'm sorry you lost food to the power outage. We went down for a couple of hours two weeks ago and I had the same concern, losing food. It's certainly happened before. A whole-home standby generator would be ideal, though as yet I haven't taken the plunge, because of the cost.

    As for the couple in the pic, I say to her: run! 😆

    ReplyDelete
  10. It can be so scary to lose power. Sorry about the need to throw away food :-(.
    Your poem made me giggle...those two need to loosen up a bit lol
    hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about the power loss and loss of food ~ but you are safe ~ Hugs ^_^

    Hugs to you Cecilia and Angel Madi ~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being without power is miserable. I'm glad it didn't take too long for it to come back on, but still sad you lost so much food. I like your poem too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those awful storms are so bad and yes, hooray for electricity, but oh no to the food loss. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Power outage and first thing I think about is the refrigerator. All that FOOD. Sorry your power went out and the fridge needed to be restocked. Thank heavens you hadn't done the weekly shopping. It's been stormy here too. Our usual rainy season with lots of thunder and lightning. Your poem makes me think the couple got over the jitters and went out on another date!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a good one on your fun photo challenge and I am very sorry about the food you had to throw out. Fortunately, our power failures have been sorted out quickly. I always worry about the contents of the fridge however. Hugs, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very unique take on this photo for your poem. You always do so well with your creations. Glad the power outage wasn't any longer, but too bad about the loss of even some of the food.

    Woos - Misty and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  17. Power out is so hard, I'm glad it wasn't worse.

    I like your unique poem.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That stinks about the food being that everything is so expensive. Good job on the poem. I couldn't come up with anything. XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw, sorry about the food too. When I retired, I told the hubby we were getting a whole house generator and we did. Best thing we've ever bought. We lose power if 2 butterfly's fly by.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh!!
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS

Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net