Pages

▼

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Happy Tasty Tuesday: Best BBQ in NC

  

 We thank our Hostess Sandee at Comedy Plus

There is a friendly rival between 

**Southern NC BBQ, Eastern NC and Western NC on the 

best BBQ.  (see below)

We are 200%  Team Eastern Pork BBQ.


Our favorite BBQ in Raleigh is Clyde Cooper's
Established in 1938 in downtown Raleigh.
Recently their location in Raleigh was purchased for 'new and improved development'
Happy to say Clyde Cooper's found a new and funky location just a 
few miles from us.  
They bought a gas station on a very busy corner..
outside dining where the gas pumps were located 

and OMDs OMCs they are thriving and surviving.  
I love  this sign

Bryan often orders the pulled pork BBQ platter with slaw, pulled pork BBQ,
hush puppies** and pork skin 

I like a pulled pork BBQ sandwich, hush puppies and French fries.


When you are seated, you receive a token with the name of your server
Recently ours was Keko


Here are a few fun photos from inside and some pictures of their history








In case you aren't familiar with the term SOIEEE
it is a term used by hog farmers to call the hogs and THEY come. 

*This hush puppies recipe is perfectly savory and full of Southern charm. Ready to eat in no time, these fried dough balls are easy to make and will have everyone reaching for seconds. Hush puppies are tiny bites of savory goodness featuring ingredients like cornmeal, onion and jalapeno. A fan-favorite for parties or served along with your favorite Southern-inspired meal, this is a recipe you shouldn’t be hush-hush about. For a balanced Louisiana meal, pair this hush puppies recipe with a Spicy Shrimp Po’Boy, Shrimp and Grits or a Catfish Fry. Photo Credit: Buzzfeed Tasty

**There are three BBQ sauces specific to the Carolinas:

  • Eastern North Carolina Vinegar BBQ Sauce: Traditional vinegar sauce contains no tomato products and instead uses a tart combination of vinegar, hot sauce, and spices. It is much thinner in consistency than ‘traditional’ BBQ sauce and tangy and spicy in taste.
  • South Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce: Known as ‘Carolina Gold,’ this sauce contains a mixture of yellow mustard and vinegar as well as seasonings. It is rich, tangy, and zingy in flavor.
  • Western North Carolina BBQ Sauce: Also known as Lexington-style or Piedmont, this sauce is vinegar-based and seasoned with ketchup, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and spices. It is slightly sweeter in taste and pairs well with pork shoulder.

16 comments:

  1. Kit, Kat, Rocky & CaliOctober 6, 2026 at 12:09 AM

    Looks Mmmm, Mmmm good! Hush puppies & fries! I like your style! 😉
    Love the sign: You don’t have to be crazy to work here. We’ll train you! 😹 I see lots of trips to Clyde Cooper’s in your future❣️

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great place to have a great meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say, that where I work we often tell eachother we have to be crazy to work here, if we aren't the residients will teach us how, LOL!

      Delete
  3. This is all very interesting. Never had hushpuppies and BBQ before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful job of turning a gas station into a restaurant and the food looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a sign just like that at work. That looks like a great place. What a neat way to restore an old gas station. The food sure looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I take your plate of food. I just would love to sink my teeth into a good Southern barbecue sandwich. When we travel in the past we certainly looked for them in Tennessee and Arkansas. Fun place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like they did some fun things with the old gas station. Glad the food is good and it is not too far from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lunch looks delish! I love the pulled pork we get here. What a fun place to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow~ Clyde Cooper's ;ooks like a fun place to eat some yummy BBQ....I sure do miss hush puppies, they don't make them here in NM.
    hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy. I'd put the slaw in the pulled pork sandwich. Just saying.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs, my sweet friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. The question is... which of the the three BBQ sauces are on the pulled pork in the second sandwich photo? I just know that sandwich would be very tasty😊
    I can smell them smoking pork on a cool fall day like you are having today.
    Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy eating ~ for Happy Tuesday ~ Hugs ^_^

    Hugs to you Cecilia and Angel Madi ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lulu: "Our Dada was just wishing for hush puppies over at Tails Around the Ranch and now look, here they are!"

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh!!
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS

Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net