My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching,

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Wings on Wordless Wednesday

   

 We thank our Hostess Sandee at

 Comedy Plus 

Thank you to Kit for snapping this most wonderful video of her humming bird  at her Lantana


Kit and I are lovers of these winged Jewels.  We have a happy Hummingbird

dance the first day we see them in the spring.  Happily keep their feeders clean and stocked with fresh sugar water all summer.

I keep a HB log book.  I know when they arrive each year, which is mid April, and the last sighting

in the fall. Fall 2025 I last saw them on 9/26/25.

I always leave my feeder up for a week or so after the last sighting.

To our little jewels we say thank you coming

Safe travels to your winter home.

See ya in the Spring



16 comments:

  1. Such pretty wee birdies! There was a hummer checking me out on Tuesday as I had on a hot pink tshirt, LOL! Then she went to the real flowers,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    To have birds visit one's garden is always a delight - but these wee ones are extra special! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video. I tried several years to attract hummingbirds but never had much luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful video and we absolutely love those little beauties♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic video. I have say that my hummingbirds are still here happily getting in my pathetic looking zinnias and the sugar water. I also have a fine called a cardinal Vine that has tiny red flowers and they absolutely love that. My birds will probably be gone by the end of September too if not sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When the squirrels hadn't yet destroyed their feeders over and over and terrorized them, they started leaving on their migration, the boys did, 2 weeks earlier than the girls. I always had one girl hummingbird left all the way through till the first week of November. I kept her in fresh nectar until she left.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are such funny little birds. Mom remembers them mostly from her grandparents house when she was a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect description and such a lovely visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We never see them hear. Mom used to have lots in New Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely video ~ hummingbirds are so intriguing and awesome to me ~
    Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love watching them too. We have hummingbirds year around. Pretty soon most of them will leave and the few that stay we feed all winter. So precious.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. Love and hugs, my sweet friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. No feeders here. Just a jillion flowers. I've heard one blasting past me several times this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love our hummers here too. Our earliest sighting is usually the first week of May but they were a bit earlier this year. They are fattening up and will be shipping out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I miss them. We had busy feeders when we were in Missouri. We just don't see them in Florida where we are.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh!!
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS

Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net