My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching,

Friday, July 31, 2026

Nature, Final Feature and Feline Freaky Friday

   Nature Friday host LLB Gang  



Recently my neighbor sent this picture via text with this message:
"No one will be seeing birds at their bird feeders today"
What a great photo capture of Mr. Hawk she snapped catching his beak as he was ...Squawking lunch time


Click here to visit YAM

The thing I enjoyed most about working at NC State University,
was all the wonderful people I met. It was my pleasure to be the first person 
our international group members met.  Each and every visitor arrived full of excitement for their visit. with us.  My correspondence with them started at least a year before their arrival date as I arranged for their H1B visas.
 By the time they arrived we had formed quite a bond. 
I will be sharing a few of these short stories about my favorite international visitors on Final Feature Friday.
1.  First up is Koichi, Japanese Post Doctoral fellow.
Koichi and his wife Mana  were a delight.  Both spoke excellent English...but for some reason they were intent on learning my Southern accent...not sure if they learned the accent but they surely master understanding it. Just a month short of the first year of his two year post doc,  I learned Mana was expecting their first child.  Of course needed an OB/GYN.  I gave them several names of practices. Happy to say she had a healthy pregnancy. Mana delivered a precious Baby boy. The proud parents wanted their son to have a name that was associated with his birth state. They loved Raleigh area and coastal North Carolina, in particular Kitty Hawk/Kill Devil Hills, NC. Which is where, on December 17, 1903,  Orville and Wilbur Wright had the first successful flight of powered controlled and sustained heavier than air...air craft. 
Koichi shared four names they were considering as the middle name of their son. (Sorry I cannot remember their son's first name).
Wake (the county where Raleigh is located) Orville, Wilbur or Wright.
They decided on Wake.  I often wondered how many times they proudly told their son about the significance of his middle name. 

Click here Hostess Miss Mimi

FREAKY FRIDAY July 2011

MOM WE HAVE A PROBLEM......

 SOMEONE LEFT THEIR HAND
ON YOUR COUNTER!!


Apologies for late post for NF, FFF and Feline Friday I set post for 12:10 pm not 12:00 am

6 comments:

  1. We never worry about birds but if we see a hawk, we worry about small pets like outdoor cats or tiny dogs. Hawks are scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel Madie, we are glad to see you anytime any way. And where is you momma's arm to go with the hand, lol. How interesting to meet foreign visitors and help in any way possible. I enjoyed reading this and look forward to more articles. Love the Hawk even though the birdies may get a bit hungry and have to fly elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hawks are scary birds! We loved your story of the wonderful friends you met at the University and you are too funny, Madi☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homer!!!! We wondered where he went....Sunny has a post on him this Wednesday.

    I think NC State picked the perfect "first contact" for your international group. You have such a great way of making people feel at home.

    Have a pawsome weekend (and I totally have posted things at all kind of weird hours by mistake BOL).
    hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    What a handsome Hawk!

    And I love that we are going to get a series of introductions to your many international students/visitors. An excellent focus for FFF.

    And awwww.. Madi... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hawk is a beauty and the backyard birds would be smart to hide. Thank you for sharing the special story about your overseas students. This one was darling and I look forward to more. Loved Madi and her curiosity.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh!!
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS

Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net