Madi and Mom

Madi and Mom
Down Home in NC

Friday, March 31, 2017

Sweet Shopping:Bacon and Da Phenny and Fill ins


Today we are joining Da Phenny and Bacon for Shopping/cooking and sharing around the world
We are sharing a recipe we received from our Friend Aunty Mona.
OMCs I didn't eat it let me just tell you the peeps Ahhhhhhh'd and Ohhhhhhhh'd
and smacked their lips.  The wonderful thing about this
recipe is all the ingredients are normally in one's pantry/fridge so you can whip it up
lickety split.  We love learning new things too and OMCS this recipe called for a cooking dish
mom didn't have....ramekin dish!! Don't you just love that word..
ramekin ramekin ramekin!!




Delicious Baked Fudge
Pioneer Woman cook book
Sent by Aunty Mona
PREP TIME:  10 Minutes
DIFFICULTY:  Easy
COOK TIME:  50 Minutes
SERVINGS:  4 Servings


§  2 whole Eggs
§  1 cup Sugar
§  2 Tablespoons (heaping) Cocoa
§  2 Tablespoons Flour
§  1/2 cup Butter, Melted
§  1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract


Preheat oven to 300 to 325 degrees. (mom cooked it at 325)

Beat eggs until light in color. Beat in sugar until just combined. Add cocoa, flour, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Mix gently until well combined.

Pour batter into four large ramekins or one 8-inch square baking dish. Set ramekins or pan into a larger pan halfway full of water.

Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until upper crust is crispy and the rest of the batter is firm but not set. Toothpick should come out…not clean, but mixture should not be overly runny. If you pull it out of the oven and have second thoughts, stick it back in for ten more minutes.  (It took 50 minutes in my oven)

Serve with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream; whatever makes your skirt fly up.



Here is a pic of the fudge sitting in a pan of water while baking in our oven!!


ramekin ramekin ramekin!!

Baked Fudge!!!!





Mom Ellen at 15 and Meowing came up with the first two and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader came up with the second two.

Madi will answer 1-3
Mom will answer 4

1. The first thing I think about in the morning is BREAKFAST.
2. The last thing I think about before sleep is BREAKFAST.
3. I am looking forward to
BREAKFAST                                 .

4. I, Mom of Madi, am so pleased  to tell you Madi loves BREAKFAST and I must say she gets it honestly. I love Breakfast too.

29 comments:

  1. Mama just loves that Pioneer Woman lady's recipe...and this one has CHOCOLATE!! Nom!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's a fab recipe... and guess what? we have such ramekins, oooh what a super special word word, huh? and we will try zo cook like a pioneer woman (the mama still hopes to get a prairie schooner too aka a SUV, but I think she can furget that lol). and I totally agree with the furst and the last thing ;O)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Foolproof. Right?... Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that fudge looks DELIGHTFUL - right up Mom's "chocolate" alley! I have to admit that I almost answered my fillins by saying "FOOD" for each of those first three sentences....but I resisted!

    Hugs, Teddy (and Angel Sam)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look like a great recipe. We will have to try that one. Chocolate is Mom's #1 favorite. You all have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds delicious and so easy to make. My mum loves fudge and chocolate fudge sounds even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmmm Breakfast, drool!!!!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is so yummy! Fudge and breakfast all mixed in one. Purrfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha, hey Cecilia.....you surprised me!

    Glad ya'll loved the baked fudge. I know we do. Wouldn't mind having some right now!!!!

    Sounds like MOM will be using those Ramekins frequently NOW!!!

    Happy weekend,
    love ya'll Aunty Mona

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom says the baked fudge looks wonderful!! We agree....ramekin is a fun word!!!! So.......do you like BREAKFAST?

    Hugs,
    your guy Raz and The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love breakfast, lunch and dinner. I love breakfast, dinner and supper... I LOVE FOOD. thus the sight I am to see... to much work to bake fudge, just give me a snicker or fudge from publix... also not on my food plan now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, Madi! I love breakfast any time of the day! When I saw the word ramekins I thought you were going to do Creme Brulee! But the Baked Fudge sounds wonderful! I think I will get CH to give that a twirl! Your Aunty Pix did send you that rain... expedited delivery minus the 70 mile an hour winds, quarter size hail, and rumbly thunder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks yummy pretty Madi! Breakfast any old time works for us too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds delish! Do you eat it right when it comes out of the oven or do you wait until it's cooled?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Madi, I love breakfast too, if I get a nice peanut-butter sandwich (on toast!) with a hot cup of green tea. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Baked Fudge!! mmmmmm mom says yummy
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Baked fudge is a goodie we have never heard of - wonder if Mom and Dad would like to try it for breakfast:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. madi...whatz knot ta like bout brekfest huh; fish toast, perch pancakes, whitefish waffles ham N bacon.......say....we will bee rite bak ~~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Baked fudge AND breakfast? YUM! My confession ... I've eaten dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner ... and I admit that breakfast is my favorite meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks very good, my mom ( Phoebe's Grammie) loves fudge, I should make her some.
    Thank you both for those great answers, we are all big fans of breakfast too :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are suddenly starving
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  22. That looks yummy butt of course mom will never make it. BTW, you must make a lot of chocolate chip cookies!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  23. It must be nice to have a mom who cooks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. RAMEKIN.... it IS a strange and Funny word.
    WE love the sound of that Recipe. AND they even LOOK PRETTY.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We'll take a ramekin or two of that fudge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. HOLY CHOCOLATE CHIPS GURL! Those look amazin'!!!! I thinks it's easy enough for even Ma to make! (and that's sayin' lots!!!) Oh, if I make this, will Ma's skirt fly up???? I really don't thinks ANYONE wants to see THAT.....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am drooling over this recipe. My husband would love this! I'm saving it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yummmmmmmmy and it looks easy peasy to make!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
TONS OF HUGS
MADI AND Mom
Email: candb214@att.net