My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Friday, April 26, 2019

Final Friday Fiction and Nature all in 1



First of all I'd like to wish our Hostess, YAM-aunty, a very very very  happy birthday, she is celebrating DownUnder and I send her lots of "Capital L's" !!

😻👏

My prompts are from Proof of Life, by J. A. Jance
line 8:  leading a hardscrabble life
line 12:  the same direction
line 16:   derail


Chip D. Munk
as seen in My Mind's Eye

Once upon a time there was 
a wee little Chip who was *leading a hardscrabble life.
Every time he came out of his burrow, located just under the red maple,
there sat a Edgar Eagle high up in the pine tree. Edgar had his eagle eyes
looking in the same direction as Chip's burrow below the maple.
Chip, and his family of three, were hungry; however, careful he had to be.
Then one morning Chip's luck changed.
He was thrilled to see the his friend Fanny Fog had accepted his invitation to Dew Drop In for a
visit.  Fanny arrived in the middle of the night.
She hovered over the tree tops with ease.
She casts a soft damp blanket over the ground. 
Fanny's visit was sure to derail Edgar's hunting.
Chip was full of glee! He had the perfect chance to scurry about in Mother Nature's store. 
  His natural camo matched the pine straw. With Fanny's help, Chip ran to and fro as fast as his 
wee legs could go. He found seeds, nibbled on daffie leaves and filled his Chippie cheeks
with groceries to stock his pantry. Life was good and Chippie was at ease.
He thanked Fanny for visiting told her to Dew Drop In when ever she pleased.



I don't recall ever hearing this word but it is quite descriptive
*hardscrabble: involving hard work and struggles



FFF is a blog hop click here to read other fun stories


Hosted by my Niece Rosy, and her 2 brudders Arty and Jakey HERE
The fog and the chippies make this Nature Friday too
A couple of Fridays ago I showed you my Huechera 
which (on the left) which was showing signs of flowering AGAIN.  Photo on the right shows all the delicate pink flowers.  I snapped this photo before the BIG wind and rain that was predicted for Friday 4/19/19 



Dew Drop Inn tomorrow if you can.  All this week there have been pre bday celebrations going on
for Dad of Madi.  Tomorrow is the unveiling.
Hugs Cecilia

22 comments:

  1. Should I be feeling happy for a chipmunk?
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.
    PS We'll be sure to Drop Inn tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a cute story about Chip...we are happy he found so much treasures ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful pictures to go with your wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are great. That is such a good story too.Can't wait for tomorrow. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing those chippies. But, so do our cats. So we don't see them very often even more.

    Happy, B'day Dad. I know you'll have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a terrific story and an awesome photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari om
    This was a fabulou story to make FFF a little more chipper!! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. did not know about the BD on the way... I love that last plant. wow. teeny flowers and pink leaves. your story is fantastic, love love love it. I do like happy endings. I also love Jance and have read that book. raised in the south, when life was poor, the word hardscrabble is and always has been in my vocabulary. that one word describes the south for most of my life

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love Huechera! Just cheering that little plant on! I like chippies a whole lot more now that I don't have to worry about them destroying things.. Ha! That is one lovely picture of your yard! Man, I want to celebrate my birthday like Dad of Madi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love your story about the little chippie family. Your Huechera is looking great. We have a few planted in our perennial garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to come over and sing happy birthday tomorrow. I'll be on the boat, but I think I can remember.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Cecilia. Big hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful story!! Mom & I really enjoyed it!
    hugs
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hardscrabble is a good word; may I humbly suggest reading books written by English authors; they have a whole passel of words that are cool, but not used much in America. I snapped some photos of a few chipmunks this week; usually, they don't stand still, but somehow I was able to click my phone and grab a few good shots! I love chippies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. C; this story is amazing with a capitol A; great job; a paws a paws a paws, bravo N we will read it again ~~~~~~~~ :) ☺☺♥♥ anda happee earl lee birth day two ewe dad oh madi; we hope yur dayz total lee awesum lee sooooper grate ...heerz two a yeer a head filled with happeez N healtheez ~ ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was an adorable Chip story and we love how beautiful your landscaping is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chip D Munk ... I can't get over that! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful story about Chip...with a wonderful picture of Fanny the Fog dropping in!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think chipmunks are so cute. We don't have them here.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net