My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Friday, April 24, 2020

Nature and Final Fiction Friday




Fine Art of Bees

The Museum Park is collaborating with community partners, such as Bee Downtown and Burt’s Bees Greater Good Foundation, to create pollinator-friendly habitats for pollinators in the Park. These partnerships are another way in which the Museum Park is engaging the public with pollinators in an interactive way and fulfilling an important piece of the Park’s sustainability program.

Above is the opening paragraph to the NC MA link about their Apiary.

I'm not getting lots of photos these days but lucky for you I am NEVER out of 
words.



On Saturday, March 28, Mad Snapper (who by the way is hilarious) had a most amusing
post about the conservation of toilet paper... she wrote this sentence 
"I insert apology here, for the word Pee, but urinate sounds just as bad and I can't think of another way to say it. 

Mad Snapper I have suggestion for a better word for pee.
This might be way too much TMI.  In 1972, when it was time to start potty training
the first Diva of the family, aka Favorite Sissy of Angel Madi, 
we bought a child size potty to sit in the bathroom.  Easy access w/o needing a stool or one of those seats that fit on it so that she wouldn't fall in the big potty.

This potty was special, it  offered much encouragement.  (I won't go into all the details); however, it had a music box in it. When one was successful with p.p.ing, it played

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. SERIOUSLY IT DID!!
Favorite Sissy of Angel Madi coined the word Twinkle for pp.
The entire family started using it.


Here is another jewel from favorite Sissy of Angel Madi
When she was just learning to talk, she hit her forehead on something in her room.
She came in the kitchen for sympathy,
 I said oh I am so sorry.  You do have a bump.  
Alas bump what she called her forehead for several years.  




These next two photos were taken with my iPad at about 7:00 am Sunday, April 19, 2020
The pansies in this pot were from Fall 2019.  
Lo and behold they had a rebirth Spring 2020
Less than a minute apart...look at the sunbeams on the left
No enhancements made.  




21 comments:

  1. wow that would be he place for da phenny with his bee-addiction LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    What a great post - sandwiching the FFF perfectly!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. good substitution
    Love the differences in the photos
    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your story and my sissy's nanny used to call it tinkle - almost the same but not quite. Love those pansies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love the sign 'Caution.... bees at work'!
    Bertie thinks pee is a perfectly acceptable word (and an important activity, about which much care must be taken).

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just returned from a trip to twinkle and as I read this, I almost twinkled again. too funny. i love the bees at work, and the wildflowers I planted 2 weeks ago are polinators for bees and butterflies. they are growing fast. also bob hacked on the bee tree, better known as dwarf powder puff bush, and we sprayed it with dawn and water and hot sauce to kill the whie flies. good to say after 3 weeks it has bees again. they were gone. now back... love the sunbeams collage

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're MOL @ Twinkle!!! That was a good one!! We had bees living in our concrete fence. They were scary because they were right near the gate but Mom didn't want to harm them. When we were supposed to get a hurricane last year, they left and never came back.

    The Florida Furkids

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice that the museum is promoting bees but allowing people to keep their distance. It looks like the hives are painted fancy too. We always enjoy your family stories. How nice that the pansies came up again so you don't have to go buy new ones this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hip hip HooRay for all that try to help the pollinators! It was "tinkle" in our family and along the way until today with your post I always say pee. Well, it is now twinkle or tinkle. TMI... I have no idea why I have to announce that I have to Twinkle/Tinkle... Jerry's family thinks I am unique... I think they are different too :) Lovely photo of the pansies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the potty story. Brought me back to being a young mom.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. Big hug, honey. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE what Raleigh does in the City. I am going to ask Katie's other favorite brother what Charlotte does! IF they does anything! Love the pictures and the story about the potty and forehead. All mom's got a million of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those were fun stories and we'll always remember that if we hear the twinkle song!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When we were young we all used to call it having a tinkle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those were cute stories. When I was about 3 or 4, I was playing with some ponytail holders and my mom said leave those damn things alone- I thought they were called that until I was a teenager :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. We wish we had some apiaries near us. We could use some bees to pollinate our pear tree when it blooms. Hopefully the few bumblebees we've seen lately can do the job. (We think people use too much pesticides on their lawns for bees to thrive around here lately.)

    Your garden is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMD! OMD! Twinkle, twinkle... that is a hilarious story!!!!!!!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. we love your memory stories
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will now giggle every time I hear the word Twinkle BOL! Love the sunrays...and the bees!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the stories....I may start using the word TWINKLE - sounds a whole lot better than most other terms for "that" !! Love the reincarnated pansies - that's what I love about them really - they are ALMOST "forever" plants.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. I heard a great commentary and interview on NPR about the origins of Burt's Bees products.
    I love pansies, and those last 2 pictures are amazing. If you'll excuse me now, I need to go twinkle, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.

    Beautyinside.ucoz.net
    Health Plus

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net