My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Friday, May 29, 2020

F to the 5th: Flash back to 2013

Final Fiction Flower  Friday and Felines



Thanks Comedy Plus for hosting Feline Friday

Thanks LLB Gang for hosting Nature Flower Friday

Monday, July 29, 2013

We received a surprise in the mail on Friday a tote bag made by our friend
Ramona.
There is an embroidered me on the front.
Ms. Ramona has lots of pretty posies in her
yard.  I'm glad she made a bed of posies for me.

 Mom love loves loves the verse on the pocket inside and 100% agrees
OMCs it is lined with the most beautiful 
kitty fabric..I think I see several of my friends
 Mom absolutely loves hummingbirds...
like this one on the front of the tote.
After close inspection of this little jewel,
I decided I like it too. 
Mom loves me more than hummers...I'm pretty sure!


Fast forward to TODAY, May 29, 2020

For the last 7 years I have used the beautiful tote to store anything I am
crocheting.  Recently I noticed the bottom was wearing very thin so
My mind's eye knew exactly what to do.
Re-cycle, re-use, re-purpose....into a pillows.
I used every single bit of the bag too.

First up, embroidered  Madi is on the front it makes me take a 2nd look
 when I pass by the chair.  It looks like Madi is sitting there.
The back is the lining fabric.

I have been looking for new pillows that are "ME".  
Needless to say there are none 100% in Madi's likeness.


Or any with hummingbirds and my name on the.

Or adorable quotes an Diva kitties embroidered on them.

These two are PURRFECT.

Ramona thank you A G A I N.  I know you are
all about re-use and re-purposing things.  

Things in Nature and Flowers
1. River Birch Bark
2.Heart shaped Red Bud leaf with rains drops
3. Pretty in Pink on a wak
4. Have I ever told you I love clouds

25 comments:

  1. that is super beautiful!!! and we immediately know that is your Madi... well done!!! oh if we could do such beautiful things with our hands&paws too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great recycling project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a beautiful bag and you made lovely pillows from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gift from Ramona and we love what you've done with it, Miss Cecilia! Love your nature and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    this is a perfect post in so many ways!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tote was a lovely gift back in 2013 and now you have made it into lovely pillows! You did a great job, it is an awesome idea. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that you recycled the tote into some pillows for your home. lol....but, you were never suppose to see the back of the designs. I hope there was not a tangled mess hiding behind the lining........because that was when I was learning how to use the embroidery machine. Sometimes, it had a kink in it's bobbin and didn't want to perform for me.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a great idea! The pillows came out great. Nice photos too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. way to go! the pillows are purrfect and now you can see them every time you walk in the room. great idea on the recycle. I am all about recycle, but can't sew a hem straight.. love the leaf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful use of that beautiful bag, the pillows are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I received some holiday hand towels with cats on them; we've repurposed them into cafe curtains in our downstairs bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them all and especially the Madi pillow. What a treasure.

    Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

    Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Big hug, honey. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing embroidery! Such sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a great idea to turn those totes into pillows! They'll brighten up your house for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful(and gorgeous) way to re-purpose the tote bag...and WOW, beautiful nature today!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you've repurposed the tote! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. C; the bag was awesome and what you did with the fabric with it for your pillows is equally awesome !!! the embroidered Madi is as daisy says FABulous; Ramona did a very very good job ♥♥♥☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so creative - that is some beautiful repurposing!!! We especially love seeing Madi there.

    Woos, Lightning and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a neat way to reuse and keep that lovely tribute to angel Madi.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was a very awesome bit of artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is terrific. We are impressed. A tip of the tail to you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Holy cow patties! Those pillows are FABulous! What a great idea! And nows Angel Madi gets to sit in every spot! BOL!! wonderfuls!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. How clever you are! You turned the beautiful bag into decorations for many beautiful pillows! They really are gorgeous - good job. I know Miss Ramona will be very happy that her work "goes on and on".

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great job re-purposing that bag. You found some lovely nature to show us too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are so talented, and what a great way to give new life to the totem. I love looking at the white clouds drifting in the beautiful blue sky too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net