My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Thoroughly Poetic Thursday #41

  Two SPOILED CATS

Angel Sammy and Teddy for the inspiring photos they find for us

Here is our inspirational photo is


Hair
When she was 13, she wanted a perm.
We tried to talk her out of it
About this she was firm.

Against better judgement an appointment was made!
She was eager 
Some things are best learned by doing!
With teenagers you pick your battles

Mom said to the Dad,
Follow my lead when she is home.
Sometimes saying nothing is best.

She looked very unhappy when she got in the car.
The smell of perm filled the car
My hair is too curly I look like Raggedy Ann
Mom said no worries when we get home we'll shampoo it
to relax the curls.

When in the door she walked,
Dad said WHAT do I SMELL?
If you have lived with a teenage girl,
you know hair is a BIG DEAL
No further words are needed for you to complete
this TALE.


The snake skeleton was just plain scary.
Not sure I'd wanna open that mailbox


Wally the Dachshund from Drabble
October 26, 2021
Drabble Comic Strip for October 26, 2021

15 comments:

  1. hahaha same here... I wasn't allowed to get a perm and bought a diy-perm... oh man... I turned into a sheep ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same happened to me. My friend was training to be a hairdresser and wanted someone to practice on. She had never done a perm before and I ended up with a mass of tight curls! My mum almost had a fit when she saw me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your poem and yes, those perms do stink☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    LOL... oh dear, I ought not to laugh. Been there done that!!! Enjoyed the cartoon and piccies too... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one perm I got in my life was a horrible experience.
    Love Wally. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha on the hollow wiener! My mother was only 20 years old when I was 2 and she put my first perm in my hair because my cousin had her Lee hair and mine was straight and for all the years of my life she permed my hair and I hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great poem. Our mom remembers when she used to put some curl into her poker straight hair. Now she embraces the straight look. BOL! Your neighbors sure do go all out for Halloween and that comic cracked us up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the perms. My mother gave me home perms for years. I hated them and would cry, but she did it anyway.

    I did love the poem though.

    Love the cartoon.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday, my friend. Big hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apparently my mother had her first ever perm on the morning of her wedding. It turned out to be a mistake!
    (As were the red satin pyjamas that she took on her honeymoon and which apparently brought my father out in a rash...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apparently my mother had her first ever perm on the morning of her wedding. It turned out to be a mistake!
    (As were the red satin pyjamas that she took on her honeymoon and which apparently brought my father out in a rash...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a darn good perm poem and a cute funny too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous poem and it brings back some memories too - My Dad was told by my Mom not to say anything to hurt my feelings when Mom knew he MIGHT - like when I wore my first mini-skirt....when I wore my first platform shoes....etc. I wonder what the model in this photo looks like without the medusa hair, and wacky outfit and shoes.....she's probably ten years old! LOL

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. BOL - Mom remembers those years with teenage girls very well. Both girls have natural curly hair, but they wanted perms to get that super curly springy look. Silly girls.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great poem. I remember getting perms and the awful smell. XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the poem! And the Perm! I can smell it now!
    And Hallowwienwered! I gotta remember that tomorrow when Willie (the wiener dog up the street) barks at Cinnamon and me. His Peep will get a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net