My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Thoroughly Poetic Thursday #59

    Two SPOILED CATS,

Angel Sammy and Teddy find such inspiring photos for us


Here is today's inspiration


When I saw this tunnel, I immediately recalled walking thru this tunnel at Chimney Rock in the N. C. Mountains
The elevator 26' shaft which was blasted through solid rock (is called Henderson Gneiss)
through the rock to the elevator which you can see at the end.
The cool 198 foot tunnel stays at a comfortable 55-65 degrees year around.
WHY because the elevator only holds 8 folks at a time and depending on the time of day/month your wait can be rather long and stuffy.
Once on the elevator your ride up 26' is 32 seconds to the Sky Lounge.


Once you exit the elevator you walk thru the gift shop.
THEN are greeted with a ton of stairs up to the top of the observation deck


Now for my poetry
Tunnel Vision

Down the corridor we walked;
Excitement grew as our mind's eyes anticipated the
sights we'd see
Every view breathtaking from atop
Chimney Rock.
We were up high where the eagles fly;
Old Glory standing proudly
in the Blue clear skies
Fresh air with filled with scents of nature.
Beauty from the mountains to many towns 
and all around.


18 comments:

  1. that's amazing that you know this place where a tunnel leads to something what is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so much better than the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better to be on top of a chimney than inside one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The passage and the tunnel both look very interesting, but I think I would panic in the tunnel. We once went into a visitor slate mine in Wales. The tunnel was fairly high to start, but then it got low and narrow and I panicked and had to get out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - what a SuperFun place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool the tunnel at Chimney Rock. I would have not made it up those stairs. The picture is awesome and I enjoyed your poem. Good Morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I woyuld LOVE to see that! Becausr I am a heart patient I couldn't climb all those stairs---just "normal" ones I encounter in homes and so on...not tons of them. :-) but how I would love to see whatever I can!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hari OM
    Oh yes - even I could cope with that tunnel knowing there was such a view at the other end! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was THERE in 1952 at age 8 years old. My mother and granddaddy were so upset this elevator was closed at the time for repairs. I don't know why they were upset because one of them would have had to go alone because every place we visited that was high or enclosed, A.E. elevators, tunnels and CAVES were a big SCREAMING fits no for me. I just stopped and went the the site and did the slide show vist. it is gorgeous and a lot diffeent that it was 70 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great poem to remember such an interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! It's amazing how similar the tunnels are...a wonderful poem to go along with it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tunnel Vision was so good! I've walked that tunnel too, it's pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't ever been there but have seen enough photos to know I'd like to visit! I can remember as a very little girl going down into the salt mines in Germany which were full of tunnels and corridors though. A little scary....the poem photo looks more INTERESTING than SCARY though!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do these so very well. Beautiful.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday, honey. Love and hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the poem!!! That must have been a magical walk.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great poem. They do look similar. XO

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net