My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Thoroughly poetic Thursday #89

    Today is Poetic Thursday hosted by our pals Teddy and Angel Sammy 

at Two Spoiled Cats


Today's photo prompt is

At age five she was our tiny dancer.
She took tap, jazz and ballet
Her wonderful teacher would say
First position, second position 
knees bent, "pliés and push the floor away"  *.

She twirled she jumped and she pranced.

She squealed with glee when she learned 
she would be a Christmas mouse in the recital.
The costume was an adorable head band with mouse ears,
 light gray leotard with a very long
mouse tail that was quite bouncy, pink tights and ballet slippers. 
 As she practiced at home, she sang lines from the music'
"Scurry Scurry little mousey". 
When the girls scurried, they had to put their hands up to the chin and run on their toes. 
My mind's eye can still see my little mousey scurrying


*this was the term the teacher used for 4 and 5 year old classes when she wanted the to slightly jump up.

I have a darling picture of the 4 and 5 year old class in their costumes but I cannot find it.  So I'll leave you with this....

14 comments:

  1. Very sweet... I can almost picture your little mousy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that was so cute your face was splitting wide open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, disappointment...keep looking for the photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu totally and completely got into this picture! I love the result! And I hope you do find that picture of the students...little mousies, scurrying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet memories of your tiny dancer. We hope you find that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. You made me smile.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful poem...there is just something so adorable about little girls dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet story in your poem ~ great post! Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days ~
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet story. I wish you had the photo. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was wonderful, we saw it with our mind's eye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved your poem, and working in the title.Very clever.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net