My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Thoroughly Poetic and Thankful Thursday #127

    Poetic Thursday hosted by our pals Teddy and Angel Sammy 

Here is today's inspiration   




My bestie and I are in training
we are devoted sometimes we walk or jog.
When it is raining, we head to the gym 
to continue our training.
Our mugs are smug,
and our buns are tight.


Thankful Thursday for our mini vacation to visit our friends.

For their hospitality, friendship, fun and good food

June 26, when we arrived we have BLT's, chilled watermelon
and chips.  That night we went to a Japanese restaurant.

Breakfast June 27 below top photo  
We all had sandwiches.  Sally and I halved a turkey club.
Gary and Bryan ate big mucho man sandwiches.
Tuesday is two scoop (buy one get one free), Tuesday at Mayberry's.  
Bryan and I share a dish of Moose track Ice Cream
 Tuesday night take out from The Shriner's Pork BBQ fund raiser.


Wine time each day at 4 pm
Wednesday Morning June 28, we met 8 of their (now our) friends for
Breakfast at Boonville Cafe.


14 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Good food and good company goes a very long way to adding 'good' to life! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. did the resturant looke like Andy Griffiths Mayberry? good food, good fun, good friends. that french bull dog is adorable, i have seen him on FB shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love your poem for that cute picture. You sure had great food when you visited your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a hilarious picture and great poem today!

    Sounds like a wonderful(and delicious) mini vacation!
    hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vacation sounds delightful and yummy too ~ ~ fun writing also,Xo

    Hugs to Angel Madi ~ Xo's

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a wonderful and yummy time with your friends and I love your poem and the exercising picture☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all sounds perfect to me! I am glad you had such a nice vacation. Wine time in the sunroom at their vineyard.. how cool is that?! Your poem is cute... tight buns are good I guess. I left tight buns behind me a long time ago.. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the poem! Also LOVE that you kids had fun on your trip - we have to wait for October for our vacation but can't wait. You sure had a GORGEOUS place to spend yours and I know your friends enjoyed having you visit.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice poem. Glad you had a nice time with friends. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a fun poem and a terrific thankful. I'm so glad you had a fun time with friends. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it!
    "Our mugs are smug, and our buns are tight." You've so perfectly summed up the gym goer!"
    Cheers! Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I swear, I really need to get a thinking cap from Amazon so I can slap it on and think of a poem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "My bestie and I" made this the perfect poem! By the way, what's your friends' address? *drool*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net