My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Friday, October 20, 2023

Nature Friday and new Grand Kitty

  Nature Friday host LLB Gang   Click here Hostess Miss Mimi 

  


On my EMW, last Wednesday, October 11, I passed by Chello Court, ~ 1/2 block from. home.  I looked to my right to see this deer posing perfectly. I took about six photos as she stood perfectly still.  A second one suddenly appeared then they took off running toward the woods.   I sure do hope they made it safely.


On my EMW on October 16, as I walked down
Fawndale Drive (yes that is really the name) look what I saw...a precious Fawn.
Fawndale Drive is one of my EMW routes.

I didn't see Mom but I suspect she was hiding in plain sight.  

THE CUTENESS Meter is about to go off the chart!!!
I have a new Grandkitty

Introducing Harper  

She is 6 mos. old, she weights 6 lbs 3oz,  she has dark gray fur with white patches.
As you can see, Harper has excellent posing skills. She has golden eyes.
She was a rescue from the Island Cats Rescue in NC, on October 10, 2023.
I love her white bib and chin and little white tipped paws

 Last weekend she finally met her siblings, Frisco and Mia.
Frisco had been camping outside the guest bedroom door since early week.
As soon as she walked out, he stood up, she quietly walked over to him
and OMCs she and Frisco touched noses.   Queen Mia has no opinion on the new kid.  Harper and Frisco have become grand play mates.  
As of this week, Mia is observing quietly not playing.  This is quite normal.  Mia was adopted at 2 years old.  She has never been that much into playing.  Here is a video of Harper playing with a hang toy.


Harper has a very sweet voice.  This is a video her talking to her Dad.



26 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    OMC - Hello Harper and welcome! I am sure we will be seeing lots more of you! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    Miss C - the deer shots are gawjuss! Yxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have a pair of ears to grow into little Miss Harper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harper is sleek and adorable.
    That deer was quite the poser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello harper... welcome!!! and hello to the little deer... hugs and all the best...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harper is just beautiful and poses beautifully! Love those crossed paws! When deer visit our yard and decide it's time to leave and cross the street to get back into the woods, I always wish them well too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The deer and fawn are so beautiful. What a joy to see them. As for adorable Harper...Welcome to your forever home, Harper! What a sweetie, such a pretty little girl, with those white tipped paws, white chin and bib. And her voice! Definitely heart-melting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harper has some big ears to grow into! The other morning we were walking on a path near the woods and all of the sudden seven bit white tail deer jumped out of one side and ran across the path in front of us back into the woods on the other side. They were beautiful and Nelson almost lost his mind with excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harper is adorable, so glad they are getting along with the new precious baby girl and thank you to your daughter for adopting from a shelter. Adopt Cats! they deserve it... The little girl you saw at my cousins ranch, the one with the pig, cow, horse and danes, her name is Harper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I forgot to say how JEALOUS i am that you saw deer and the fawn on your walk. we saw 87 cars

      Delete
  9. Oh my kitties, what a sweetie. The deer momma was probably close by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the photo of her with her little crossed feeties! She looks so pleased and sure of herself. Great news about Frisco and Harper playing. Mia maybe just going to need some time. So happy M&G brought her home♥ I am so excited and happy for them all.
    The deer must have been loving the gorgeous scenery... it is beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The deer are sure pretty but sweet Haper is totally adorable. Welcome home sweet one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems quite late in the season for such a young fawn. We hope it makes it through the winter okay. Harper sure is a cutie. We're glad to hear all is going well with her new siblings with no fighting and more play.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh awesome photos of the deer and Harpers is precious ~ sweet photo ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your day,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooops ~ forgot ~ Hugs to you and Angel Madi ~ Xos

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your day,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. harper ewe bee one gorgeou tuxie… 😺wel come two yur new for everz home anda happee gotcha day two ewe 💙🍀🐟‼️

    ReplyDelete
  16. Harper is just adorable!!!!! The deer captures are also beautiful, I didn't realize you had so many deer in your neighborhood!
    hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful deer. Welcome Harper! Congrats on the new grandkitty. XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome beautiful littleTuxie. I am so glad to meet you. I couldn't hear you but I will try until I do. I love seeing the deer. I had an 8 pointer in my back yard two mornings in a row!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We've seen more deer this year than EVER in all our years living here......and they are not afraid of people. In fact they come right up close to the front porch where my mums are and EAT THEM RIGHT UP! HAHA Harper is precious - she's a wonderful addition to the grandkitty group!!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Forgive me if this is a repeat comment but when I hit "publish" it said there had been an error. I just wanted to say we have had a lot of deer this year - more than ever AND that Harper is precious!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. Harper does have a sweet little voice, and it's wonderful that she and Frisco have become friends, right from the start! We are seeing so many deer dead along the main road, here. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome home, Harper! Thank you for joining Feline Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Harper is so cute and she reminds us of Madi)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net