My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, April 11, 2019

2 Thoroughly Poems and Thankful Thursday

Today we join Two  SPOILED CATS 
Angel Sammy and Teddy for their poetic pictorial poem.

Here is today's pictorial inspiration

This is a true story!!


Six
by little Me

When I was six,
I went to visit my cousins out in the stick(s).
I wanted to ride like the wind on my bike
without restrictions I had in my city life.
Cousin Mike was just a wee tike
and Ricky was wee(er)
They had a new pet they wanted me to see.
It was a Shetland pony whose name escapes me to this day.
So up on the wee Pony I was placed,
Uncle Ben gave me the reins told me to hold tight.
He said, giddy up, and quicker than a New York second
Pony ran under a tree he was not used to big girl.
Luckily he was vertically challenged so no harm came to me.
From that day forward, I knew
 straddling a saddle was not to be.



Fourteen
by Angel Madi

My guy Raz always surprised me!
One day he asked, "Madi  do you want to go for a ride?"
I squealed with glee....
Yes, what Night?
Are your new wheels Red?
To which he replied "you'll have to wait and see".
Lo and behold he showed up at my door
with a rose and Donkey Smoke
who was wearing a fedora.
Now that was a sight.
Smoke was covered in hearts which made my
itty bitty kitty heart purr with delight.
On Smoke's back we rode 'round and 'round
my feets never touching the ground.






I am also joining Brian and family for
click here 

I am thankful!!!!

I'll be MIA after about 3 pm today.  Two of our favorite young folks, our daughter and son-in-law,
aka Angel Madi's Sissy and BIL, are coming up tonight for a short visit.
I'll catch up with you all  on Friday.
Hugs Cecilia

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for yet more high entertaining stories in verse today.
    You wouldn't catch me (Bertie) on a horse, although Gail claims a modest level of equestrian skill.
    We hope you have a nice couple of days with the family.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a poney can be a challenge... but glad you gave it a try ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Smoke is so honored to be on the blog and I bet he would give a little girl a nice ride. He looks great in his fedora.Thanks for letting Smoke join your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were fun and we loved seeing Smoke here too. Hey, have fun with your visitors and thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the poems. No wonder you don't like riding something with 4 feet.
    Happy visit with Sissy and BIL.

    Have a wonderful time with them and ya'll have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED reading your poem and seeing dear Smoke there all ready to help you and Raz with the nicest ride EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The memory of Angel Madi and Raz's ride on Smoke kind of gave us leaky eyes. We sure miss her.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun poems and we learned a little more about Miss Cecilia's past. Our mom had a scary experience on a horse when she was a young girl too but later in life (after 40) she took lessons and learned to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely poems! I first went on a horse before I was 12 months old (with my mother in the saddle holding on to me). I started riding on my own when I was 5 and really miss no longer being able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both poems. Especially the first one. That turned out far better than I thought it would.

    I'll be out of the loop after Friday around noon. Got lots of work to do to get ready for our picnic on Saturday.

    I'm thankful I found you.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hari OM
    LOL... that brought back memories - only mine wasn't a shetland but a race horse and it galloped for that low branch and you know who ended up in the nettle forest stung from head to toe and a mighy bruise on the bonce. Hey ho. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great poems! My ghostwriter says the last time she rode a horse, it wouldn't listen to her at all: it banged her leg against a tree, and then stood out in the pouring rain and refused to move. Glad your experience was better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, enjoy your visit with your kidlets!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the picture and your story! Enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete
  15. C; enjoy your family time and have an awesome weekend !! safe travels to them here, home and everywhere in between !! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would have loved having a pony when little!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two FABULOUS poems. We wish we could get Mom to give these photo prompts a go too!!!

    Enjoy the visit!!!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such wonderful poems(and memories) of yours and Diva Madi!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah... horses aren't for everyone! I tried riding one about 20 yrs ago. He was smelly and there were horrible flies all around. Plus, the horse behind mine kept biting mine in the butt. So, I admire them from a distance now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, that was a close call!!!! Ma rode a horsie a couple of times, and loved it, butts not enough to pay the expensive cost of riding. she says doggies take all her green papers, so there is nothin' left overs. ☺ I'm okay with that.....
    I remembers that ride Angel Madi! you two looked FABulous!
    Have funs the the youngin's!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely fabulous poems for Sammy's challenge....I love BOTH of those "memory stories".

    Hugs, Teddy and Mom Pam too

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww, Angel Madi, great poem! I wasn't as lucky as "little Me"... my horse cantered under a tree and a big limb hit me and set him free!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net