My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sunday Selfies and Thank you


Email: Saturday April 20, 2019
It was chilly in Dixie


Chilly enough for a fire here on The Hill today. Pup thinks he’s got the best seat in the house, but I know better. I pre-fur staying close to Mom.

😺❤️😻 Kat Your Feline Nephew







Dearest Kat
I agree with you...staying close to your sweet Mom is the second best decision you have made....first being trusting your new family.

Lovingly your Aunty HiC
***************************************************
Thank you all for your birthday wishes for Dad of Madi yesterday.
He had a very nice bday.  FYI: The week of our birthdays
all food is calorie free and HEALTHY. LOL
Five days a week we walk 45 minutes to an hour and ride the 
recumbent bike at least 20 minutes
Saturday and Sunday we just ride the bike.

Now for a little Drabble humor
Having been owned by Toto, the might mini Dachshund, we always enjoy
Wally. However, I wish they would use bolder ink and the font
is often hard to read.
Maybe you can biggfy it on your end too




Toto had a PhD in door bells.  In our first home, 
the front and back door bells had different tones.

KNEW exactly which one needed his attention and he ran at Mach Dach speed. 
He sounded like a Great Dane when he barked especially at the back door which opened into our laundry room and he echoed!!
Gospel truth: There was about a 6" gap between the washer and the dryer.   With each thunderous bark his mini body would move backwards. I lost track of the number of times his tush got wedged in the gap. If I wasn't there to pull him out, his front feet would 
start the famous Dachshund Dig.

1: Toto on the move he never realized he was vertically challenged
2: Waiting by the bathroom door for his Sissy to finish her shower.
3: napping in Sissy's room 





20 comments:

  1. I don't wait by da bathroom door - I usually just push it open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the Mach Dach. And of the dreaded cone doubling as a food bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. first things first. I love Kat and Pup's home, love the fireplace, the sofa, the whole room. you are both blessed to land in a lovely and loving home.... I got a big laugh out of the Mach Dach stories and LOVE the doorbell cartoon. Our Baby Girl had a booming bark and she barked at door knockers no matter which house they were own. love the pics of Toto.. have an image in my head of the backward bark wedge. BOL BOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see Toto. It is fun to see Pup and Kat's home. Sure looks like a good one. Glad Dad had a good birthday. You all have a super Sunday today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your Sunday... there has to be some of that ice cream cake left! Toto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari om
    What a fun post, filled with humour and affection. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good Kat! Toto sure was a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are cute cartoons. We love hearing stories of Toto. Our job here is to bark at anything that might need our pawrents attention. They don't always agree with how often we bark.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound like you were quite the spitfire, Toto!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bark at the sound of car doors slamming, even if it's several blocks away. You can never be too careful about potential alien invasions, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our Little Bit would bark up a storm at the doorbell. We sure miss her.

    Glad the birthday went well.

    Have a fabulous Sunday, my friend. Big hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. First - Mom LOVES the DogWood flowers in your header!
    Next -- ♫♪♥♥♥♥♫♪Happy Belated Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Belated Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Belated Birthday Dear Madi's Dad•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Belated Birthday to you! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥

    Kat, I too love fireplaces! but it has been quite nice for the last month. I Don't think I will get a fire until next winter!
    And Drabble! Mom died laughing! Coffee Came out her Nose!!!
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our little 'Study' heater is on this morning. Roxy is hoggin' the rays. The mornings have been deliciously brisk. Love the dachle cartoons. I've known several of the little dogs and every one a character!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just adore dachshunds. When I was growing up we had a mini-long-haired named SKOSHIE. Such a lover boy. I still have dreams with him in them!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet guy he was. And so much personality!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Toto sounds like a lot of fun. XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe by next winter Kat and Pup will cuddle to stay warm. Sweet memories of Toto.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're one smart kitteh Kat!( hehehehee see what I did there...), Pup, I don't knows, I'm just not feelin' the fireplace thing anymores, butts it's not cold here! BOL
    I just loves the old pics of Toto! Oh, and I gets my hinnie stuck in weird places too....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Always stay close to mom when it is chilly. Of course, a fireplace AND mom would be hard to beat! Your Toto sounds like a constant source of laughter!! I'm glad to see the pics of him.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh wee, I need to see me some Dach Mach Speed :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net