My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Thoroughly Thankful Poetic Pictorial Thursday

Today we join Two  SPOILED CATS 
Angel Sammy and Teddy for their poetic pictorial poem.

Here is our photo challenge
and did it ever bring back memories

Of my daughter in almost the exact pose


Big M

She was (still is) the apple of our eyes
from the tip of her head to her
slippers of blue.
By fourteen months she was putting together
sentences that mostly made sense;
however, some made me scratch my head thinking
I must be dense.
Once when walking along the side walk
she said, "excuse me bush".
I asked why she said, because I ran into it.
She talked non stop from morning til dusk.
August 1973 she had just turned two.
It was no surprise to us,
when she asked pretty please may I answer the
phone. She had perfect phone etiquette
She answered each ring quickly.
 To those on the other end  she brought glee.
Usually her grand peeps and her uncle. 
Everyday at lunch her Daddy would call
She could carry on a conversation with all no matter the age.
We knew from day one her personality 
would charm and engage.

August 1973


I am also joining the Brian and his pride
today for


I do so appreciate all of your very kind and encouraging comments
on my first quilt. For many years I have wanted to try quilting.  I thought I could do it, and I did.  Now I'm working on #2.


I'm thankful that Teddy and Angel Sammy's mom told me about
Teddy's Aunty and Pam's sister, Carol Dean Jones, who is
 an extremely talented quilter and
wonderful author of the Quilting Cozy Series.
I sent Carol a picture of my quilt and OMCs she sent me an email she loved it...what a thrill that was.
I ran right out to order Book 1 Tie Died.
I'm now reading Book 2 Running Stitches
I love the series for many reasons #1 it is about a group of
woman my age not being afraid to LEARN new things at
a local quilting shop: Stitches.  There is mystery, intrigue and good
conversation.  There is pattern for a quilt in books 1 and 2.

Click here to see the quilt she is making for a Animal Shelter Fundraiser.



22 comments:

  1. Hari om
    Hehe, love that M poem. Will share the quilt connection with my sister! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love the photot!!! it is fantabulous...like the poem... and that is soooo sweet to say excuse me to a bush...what a wonderful girl you raised...congrats and well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just imagine wee M answering the phone so perfectly. A social skill that I suspect will be lost in a new smart phone and text generation!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the poem and the adorable photo of your M! The quilt for the animal shelter fundraiser is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all we LOVE LOVE LOVE the poem - I think there were a lot of memories in the poems we've read so far for this week. Secondly, I'm so happy Carol was helpful with the quilt - it turned out to be really beautiful! Thirdly, I'm thrilled that you are enjoying Carol's books. I know she will be too when she sees this post.....she's a wonderful quilter AND writer and I'm very proud of her. I'm also proud of YOU my friend for pursuing something you wanted to do and making something gorgeous!!! Red is definitely your color.

    Love and Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. your daughter looks soooo cute in that old photo.. I can see the joy.... photos jog such sweet memories... the poem is great and fun... so happy you found someone you enjoy and can help with quilting. keep on quilting

    ReplyDelete
  7. That poem and that photo are both pretty darn special!!! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious picture of Marlu.
    I looked at her quilt. OM goodness. It's beautiful.
    Those sound like good books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We loved your poem and the photo!!

    Mom loves those books! She's read most of them.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture of Marlu does look a lot like the inspiration picture. We just love your poem. It sounds like you are enjoying those books and will also gain some new patterns for quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the picture of that wonderful little girl. I especially liked that she said excuse me to the bush. And the quilts are just terrific. Good for you to do all that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My ghostwriter says she remembers there were phones like that. It was always located right in the middle of the house, so there was no way you could have a private conversation without the rest of the family hearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, the size of the handset, the hair cut with straight bangs, and the dress...a purrfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OhMyGosh, the picture of Little M with the phone... priceless! I enjoyed the poem very much. I hope we get to see the second quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. excuse me bush is priceless !!!!!!!!! it's a shame cell's were not around then; the video would've gone viral on you tube !! best to you on quilt two; today's post is great { and how awesome that Pam's sister is a quilter and a writer and corresponded with you !!! way cool } ♥♥☺

    ReplyDelete
  16. The poem is adorable. I love your thankful too. We have so many wonderful things to be thankful for. We just need to take the time.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great poem and such a sweet photo of your daughter. XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet little one....yours. No wonder she grew up to talk to the animals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We just love your poems filled with loving memories!!!
    hugs
    Mabel & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMD, that is just TOO CUTE!!!! I loved the poem and the pic! I was wondering if your hubby asked if she was calling long distance! BOL!
    CONGRATS on the email about the quilt! that is so cool!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a precious photo of her on the phone! Our daughter was also an early talker and provided a lot of laughs in those early years because we taught her big words like delectable. It sounded so funny coming from a two year old. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your daughter sounds delightful, even as a little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net