My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Monday, November 25, 2019

Awww Monday and Sparks

First thank you all for you get well wishes during my unexpected MIA
Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I am perking at 100% today

**********************************************


My Nephew Kat sent an email with attached photo YouTube link

Dearest Aunty HiC
While I was having my afternoon siesta, (yep, in the closet), 😹 Pup and the peeps went for a hike.


Look carefully and you’ll see something very cool!  
About 15 seconds in to the video look about center of the video 
you'll see a pair of Coyotes way off in the distance.


❤️ Kat Your Feline Nephew
PS Hope you feel better soon. 😻

I replied:

Dearest Nephew if you get any sweeter all your family will have sugar overload.  Just so precious and made me feel 100% better
It appears, to Aunty, that being Kat in-Kharge of the Wheelie house and all in it, is exhausting.  I bet you were tickled to have it to yourself w/o anyone to snoopervise.
Lovingly your Aunty HiC 


Just to let you know my hands have not been idle


“I will not buy any more fabric until I use up the stash I have at home,” 

I found this quote on line but is applies to these next two collages of play mats
I made for Project Linus.
You might recognize the fabric every single pieces is from my
STASH aka scraps


Another Project Linus play mat
All of the pieces on the front is from my stash.
I didn't have any scraps larger enough for a backing. In keeping
with the dog bone fabric in the middle
I bought the adorable puppy flannel




The purple pansy  hanging is in memory of my former co-worker and dear friend, Janice's
Mother-in-Law, aka Mom aka Grandma Bess.
In the spring, I used this picture a pot of petunias, that Janice planted for Mom's front porch for one of my Chip D. Monk Stories here .  Janice read it to Grandma Bess who smiled a lot while listening.



This picture was my inspiration for the Wall hanging.
I couldn't find petunia fabric.  Purple pansies are a great substitute




Grandma Bess was 96, she recently passed.  Janice and her MIL both love purple.  Purple pansies/petunias will always remind me of Grandma Bess.  She was an English and French teacher.
 I don't think you've seen these wall hangings,
 My new passion is wall hangings.
I started with the 3 I made for the 3 young girls who visited me over the summer.


The pink and navy print (above) is for our hairdresser for Christmas.

The pattern on the front is called Churn Dash

Below is a table runner I made for our Christmas decorations.
Once I have it in place I show you what My Mind's Eye saw
when it saw the fabric


"You know you are a quilter IF
your ironing board is up, but you NEVER iron clothes."




I'm purging my quilts/wall hangings into collages...in case I want to duplicate any.
More on that when I'm finished purging.

23 comments:

  1. Hi Cecilia,
    Great to hear you're back to 100%. The photo of Kat is unbelievably cute, but Bertie of course would prefer to go out coyote hunting (at least he likes to imagine that he would...)
    Your quilting productivity continues to amaze!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh that is a good spark... specially with black friday in sight ;O))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling better. You have been very busy with your lovely quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do such beautiful work, Miss Cecilia! We know how fast that stash stack builds. You do so many wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful place where Pup and his mom are walking.

    hahaha, looks like you are hooked on quilting! Beautiful work.

    Glad you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 100% is great! I see those running horses! The table runner is beautiful, the tiny stars edging is smile worthy. Good Spark but something tells me you might and I say might not be able to hold to it.. Ha! Sweet Kat♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kat is taking a great nap while pup and the peeps were out seeing the coyotes. Way cool video.

    Love your Spark and good luck with that. I've never known anyone that's pulled that off.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Big hug to Auntie C. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hari OM
    My word, look at those wild dawgies!!! Well spotted, camerapeep!!! Kat, just too pawfect. Miss C - handiwork x87 brilliant!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of the Lioness Project and also the mats you made are so cute. I know they will love them.. me thinks you are in the midst of Quilt Mania and might need to change your blog to MadQuilter… keep on quilting or matting. they are great gifts and keep your mind healthy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are back at 100%. No fun being sick. We love all the mats. Well I bet it was fun doing them. You have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilts are beautiful! Glad you're feeling better. And how amazing to see those two coyotes! People say there are coyotes around here, but I've never seen nor heard any.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We see coyotes running in the fields near our donkey pals every now and then. And of course, there was that one time that one was sitting in our driveway in the middle of the day!!!

    Glad you are feeling better. All of your quilting work is beautiful. That Christmas runner is going to make a lovely holiday decoration.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mom used to see coyotes in the park she walks at. We're glad you're feeling better. You've been BUSY!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  14. Purrfect snoozy time Kat but yikes on those coyotes! Your quilt work is stunning and I'm glad you are all better now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I finally had an ironing beard built in so that I could fold it away when I didn't need it for quilting. It was getting embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. C; the quilts are as always amazing and so is the table runner; sorry to hear you were under the weather and hope by now you're 100000000000000000000 purrcent better as they say here in TT ! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kat, you do a great job supervising the family on this trip, you totally deserve some down time. Recharge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We're glad to hear you are feeling much better now. Kat sure looks cozy in the closet. How cool that they saw coyotes too. We love all your quilts. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no, sorry you were ill for a few days. We have been healthy (knock on wood) so far this fall. Your quilts are beautiful. I especially love the purple!

    We occasionally see (and hear) coyotes around us, too. Last spring I was out walking with Ruby and saw a fox trotting down the street. I immediately picked up Ruby and started walking faster, but the fox trotted by us and didn't seem interested in us at ALL.

    Hope you and your family have a very happy Thanksgiving! I'm going to try and post a once month because we sure miss everyone. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

    Home Ground
    Home Land

    ReplyDelete
  21. so glad you are feeling better!. you have been busy busy with all your beautiful projects
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am sooooooooooo glads you are feelin' betters!!!! Ma was all kinds of worried, butts I told her that you were made of tough stuffs and will be better befores I finished the pitcher of margaritas! BOL!!! All those quilts are FABulous!!!!!! I bets everyone just loves them, and is so very grateful to have a handmade treasure!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you are feeling better! Getting these wonderful updates from the travelers is wonderful and it sure looks like certain cats have found the perfect snooze spot in the closet.....coyotes are so scary - occasionally they are seen around here and kitties who are left outside disappear. Not in MY house! Ted is never out on his own. Scary.

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net