My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Monday, January 27, 2020

Awww and Sparks Monday and POTP


On Tuesday, January 12, post I showed you two adorable abstract


kitty blocks that I would be using to complete a pieced block sampler of all the
blocks have learned.  Last week I put all the blocks together, then quilted the throw.
Here are the front and back
I was tickled to find this Grand Lodge fabric for the back

This quilt was inspired by my nephew Kat who is now an official
RVing Cat...I never in my wildest dreams had a clue how
KAT would do as an RV'er but he
EXCELLED!!!

YOU MAY click on each photo to enlarge

I don't have a 'professional' quilting machine aka Long arm machine; however, Saucy my Singer Patchwork machine  does  have over many decorative stitches I can use
This was my very first attempt at quilting a decorative stitch.  I used #63.
All my other projects were quilted with a straight stitch.  Main reason is my fear of messing up a project. I made a sample to practice one. 
All in all, it went well and gave me courage to try again.

.

Now some close ups of a few of the squares and quilting.

Next two are my two of my favorite blocks
each of my kitties are quilted like the one below.  I used gold thread
and a wavy stitch.

I am crazy about novelty buttons...of course I have several styles of cat buttons!!



All my life, I have heard fish is food for the brain...
Today, I share some very brainy words of wisdom from a goldfish

I always keep my eyes open so that I can keep you all entertained.

Momster to Lightning, Misty and Timber is having surgery today to
repair a badly broken right arm.  She is right handed and  cannot blog so if you would like to
leave some healing words you may do so at the POTP
by clicking here




24 comments:

  1. We don't know anything about quilting but as ever are impressed by your efforts!
    Bertie says he is reluctant to take advice from a goldfish as he suspects that they are not brainy at all.
    Cheers! Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    OOOOOHHHH look at all those stitch options!!! I love the wavy gold threads on the cats - pawfeckshun!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, that are a lot of options!!! our swing machine is different... it has 0 options, it's too old LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilts look lovely and you have a big choice of stitch options to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful quilting work - you are the quilt master extraordinaire! So sorry to hear about the Momster - we will leave a message. OUCH!!

    Hugs, Pam and Ted too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful, Miss Cecilia, and now you have my mom wondering if her machine does any fancy stitching! Fingers and paws are crossed for Miss Kathie♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is gorgeous. What a great job you did on it. You all have a terrific day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please keep us posted about Kathie over at the Woos. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilt. You did quite well on using the wavy stitch.

    I hope Momster is all well very, very soon. With those 3 big puppies she needs both hands.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't sew anything. I'm probably the only gal and had a poor great in home economics. They are beautiful.

    Kat has been such fun to follow in that wheely house.

    Love the funnies.

    Tons of prayers for Kathie. I love her and her pups.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is really pretty, I like the backing a lot. and love the colors. I could not have buttons on blankies, big might choke on one.. just like having a toddler in the house, no candles with real flames, etc.. that is a really cool machine with all those stitches. my fvorite print on the quilt is the tiny RV's. adorable

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love how your quilt came out and how you used that fancy stitching. Our paws are crossed tight that Kathie's surgery goes well today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilting is amazing and Kat really is quite the inspiration for all of us. We dropped off a big bunch of purrs for Mom Kathie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE that quilt and the Kittie blocks...all things about it. Fabric, stitch and buttons. Oh mommy is green eyed with jellusness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, those are so nice. I am okay-ish at sewing, but prefer knitting. Seeing your work however...

    Klem, Mara

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore the kitties with the button eyes!
    Hugs and purrs to Momster Kathie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. very nice stitches C; I'm guessing 53 and 54 use a lot of thread ?? !! the quilts are amazing.... ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow- you are amazing! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilting is awesome! So much work is involved. I'm very sorry to hear of that broken arm.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are really doing well with your quilting! I love the cat block, it's so cute!!!
    I'm glad you gave the "square in a square" a shot - isn't it a fun way to do that?!? And so easy!
    We'll go over and leave a comment for the O Pack's mom!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so good at quilting. Everything looks great. I will be praying alll goes well for the Woo's mom. XO

    ReplyDelete
  22. Clever Goldfish bag. Dropping over to Kathy's blog to wish her well now.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net