My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Saturday, July 3, 2021

NC Museum of Art: swirls, symmetry and this and that

 The Carla McKinney Volunteer Garden is new.  They are gradually adding ins flowers and shrubs.  In the meantime

The bright yellow artsy benches are eye catching


and artificial stump stools are inviting in the shade

There are several of these engraved/etched pieces too

This was my favorite.  


When it is too hot to be outside, you do crazy things.
Here is a bit of crazy I created in the Photo Booth with my iPad.
It is called light tunnel effect:  Take a selfie then open it in Photo Booth.
This is my forehead and bangs

Our Crepe Myrtles are full of beautiful blooms.
Thursday night about 10 pm we had sideways rain and wind for about 15 minutes
totaling 1/2".  Friday Morning we had more giving us a tad over 1" in less than 24 hours. 


 Crepe Myrtles blooms are so water logged the limbs are bent.
Typically we let the blooms dry out then the limb pops back up.
Hopefully that will be the case this time. 


14 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Myrtle is quite often associated with melancholy... one might see why from these shots! It is a bonny bush though. That bench looks good for those of us who need a wee help to sit down and rise up... I would have thought the wood slice stools were real though, not artificial... are they concrete then? Great place to sit, no doubt about it. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crepe myrtle is [pretty. I hope that limb does pop back up without snapping. The yellow benches are fun and I like the etching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat, I thought those were real stumps.
    Beautiful color on those. I hope it stands back up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the yellow bench and the stumps too. The app is a bit weird lol. I hope your crepe myrtle pops back up! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have a preserve with wooden stumps around a table and now i am wondering if they are fake, i thought they were real. love that yellow bench, color and looks and the handle for people with bad knees is great. ha ha on your selfie in your ipad.. beautiful crepe myrtile, the color of the ones we had in Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that snail etching too! I hope those Crepe Myrtles bounce back up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We think that bench and the tree stumps are a great place to take a break. At least you won't get splinters sitting on those stumps. We hope your Crepe Myrtles bounce back when they dry out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool benches and beautiful Crepe Myrtles. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your beautiful crepe myrtles pop back up! Loving what you did in Photo Booth... crazy fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the yellow artsy bench and your Crepe Myrtles are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the etching as well. And now I see that you and I had the same sideways rain and 60 mph winds. It was the storm that blew my tomatoes over on the deck. I managed to get them set to rights again, luckily.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a cool park! I LOVE that yellow bench! The etched plaque is really interesting. And rain and cool, I sure would like some of that weather right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, ha, looks like your head is exploding! (Don't worry, I wouldn't be laughing if it really was!)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net