My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Canada Day and Thoroughly Poetic Thursday #25

Happy Canada Day

Thank you Ann for the Banner



 Thoroughly Poetic Thursday hosted by 

 Two SPOILED CATS

Angel Sammy and Teddy for the inspiring photos they find for us
Here is our inspirational photo is



Upon first glance I didn't have a clue
I asked myself what will you do?
I focused on what might be 
my cue, bottles. 
Then I knew what to do
You guessed it I'll write an acrostic* 
Hopefully it won't be too cryptic.

So to you a present BOTTLES

Beverages
Order up
Tonics
Tap
Liquor
Elaborately decorated bar
Seltzers



*An acrostic is a poem (or other form of writing) in which the first letter (or syllable, or word) of each line (or paragraph, or other recurring feature in the text) spells out a word, message or the alphabet.



15 comments:

  1. we love that poem... and specially the last word is essential afte having a bar-adventure ;O)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Well done - on both counts! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem, Miss Cecilia, and this photo would make a great jigsaw puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you told me what it was....I was gonna have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Cecilia! Happy Canada Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew what acrostic is because you taught me by doing them for all sorts of things like POTP and all celebrations. Good job on both. totally forgot the Canada day and am sorry to my friends from there

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish all our Canadian pals a Happy Canada day as well. XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your poem. You do them so very well.

    Happy Canada Day.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great poem for that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a good one and there's sure a lot of bottles there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked what you did and I learned something new today! Acrostic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We LOVE your letter poems! Purrfect! And we had a marvellous Canada Day sweltering in the heat.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net