My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Thankful and Thoroughly Poetic Thursday #36

 Today we join 

  

When I can see beautiful sunrises like this, I'm thankful for cool early mornings for walks.   About 2 blocks from home, I noticed the eastern sky was a blaze.  I knew exactly where I needed to go to watch the sunrise.  I'm very thankful I made it to Valley Estates Drive just in time to see the sun peeping over the horizon.

 7:10 am, Monday September 13, 2021. 

 Two SPOILED CATS

Angel Sammy and Teddy for the inspiring photos they find for us
Here is our inspirational photo is

Fishing
Once my Daddy took me fishing.
He gave me two simple rules,

#1 No talking.
#2  Be Patience.

If I followed them, he promised, fishes 
 would swim to me in schools.
When my DNA was being formed,
I received a mega dose of Talking 
When it was time to receive Patience,
I missed the announcement
'Cause I was TALKING!
*********************************************************
Speaking of the great out of doors
I meant to add this to the post about the bears yesterday.
My nephews and their staff live on 35 acres, bordering national forest.  They have bear proof trash cans and always take their feeders down, except this one time. They try to be very good neighbors to the critters since it was the critter's home first. 

21 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    LOL - yeah, that fishing lark is for the meditative... indeed, so is that sunrise! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So there was no second fishing trip I'm guessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now I know why I never got a fish... #1 is impossible and #2 is much more impossible... probaly #1 is too much connected with #2 or vice versa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked fishing in the sea. No need to be quiet, although patience was still a requirement.

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sunrise! I love your poem - and yep you have to learn to just be "ZEN" while fishing and not talking or laughing or anything other than focusing on watching that fishing line wiggle. I suppose you were not a regular fishing companion????????????????

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job catching the pictures of Father Sun.

    hahaha, how funny. Seriously, we talk all the time when we are fishing. Still catch fish too.

    I bet that's a beautiful place to live, but bears would give me a heart attach and therefore, I would not be living any more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your poem! Dad took me fishing one time. It was too boring for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'mega dose of talking'... you crack me up! Your poem had me laughing! I never had to put my patience pants on while fishing and those crappie and bluegill kept on hitting the line!
    Love your collage of the beautiful sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love a glorious sunrise! Great poem, Cecilia, and thanks for the reminder to remind dad to be extra careful as he's been out cutting new trails in the woods. He's seen several lengths of barbed wire with clumps of bear fur stuck to them all 'round here, so he's gotta be extra cautious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your poem inspiration fits me just as it fits you, like a glove. ha ha... why would anyone fish when they can talk??

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love your poem and the insight into your childhood it brought. That sure was a pretty sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're not early birds at our house, so we rarely see the sunrise. We do enjoy a lovely sunset, though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful collage. I love sunrises and sunsets. Made me smile.

    Love your take on the graphic. I do the same kind of thing on our boat. Just give me a book and I'm a happy camper.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, cooler temps are good and the sunrise is beautiful. That was a fun poem. WOW, I wish we had 35 acres and our only neighbors were the wildlife. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sunrise shots and your poem, it rocks! Right now I feel guilty. I pulled all the carrots today and the ones that had bolted I diced and put out for local deer (there is a disease going around that is hitting the deer really hard as they are underfed and stressed because of our horrible summer). Now I'm worried the deer won't get to them before the local bear does his rounds. I may be out there at dusk, picking up diced carrots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how that feels and I hope very much they get the carrots!

      Delete
  16. Nice poem. And beautiful photos. XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LIVE for sunrises and sunsets. My whole Flickr page is crowded with them. I always feel I was given a million dollars each beautiful one I see.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful sunrise!!!!!

    Great(and funny) poem today C!! Fishing to me is putting a hook in the water and opening a book LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely post and photos ~ fishing is about more than catching fish ~ Xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net