My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Wordless Wednesday In Purrsit of Flavors

 

Thanks to our 

Hostess Sandee at Comedy Plus

Landscape art at the entrance to the Farmer's Market in Raleigh




 I thank Das Nelly and Phenny and Canadian Cats FOR HOSTING
This month's flavor is
STEWS 
(mine is actually a soup sometimes I'm a rule breaker)



Vegetarian Bean Soup

1 small onion chopped (optional)
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 16 oz can "baked" beans with liquid
1 16 oz can lima beans (rinsed and drained)
1 16 oz can red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)**
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon brown light brown sugar
1 tablespoon thyme
Salt and pepper optional
Cheddar Cheese to put on top before serving

Directions for crock pot:
Add onion to crock pot first, then add tomatoes, beans, brown sugar and thyme.  Stir
Cook on high for about 4 hours.  Served topped with cheddar cheese.


**Hints: I never substitute the vegetarian beans or lima beans.  I often substitute kidney with navy.  Sometimes I use kidney and navy if I want it thicker.

Makes 4 servings in the above size bowl



PS I was one of 4 first commenters on Teddy's Tuesday Teaser.

I was one of FOUR First Commenters on the Teaser photo of October 5, 2021!!

24 comments:

  1. Looks delicious.
    There is a fine line between a stew and a hearty soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAll in a pot with liquid...even the recipe books combine them into one chapter!

    That looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari om
    To stew somerhing is to cook it long and slow: whether it is thick like a casserole or looser like a soup matters not! And this looks and sounds perfect to me!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh cheddar cheese... and we love it a lot!!! it will be on our list for this fall...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love bean soup and this looks delish. I have a cabinet full of all different beans, hurricane supplies left over from covid pandemic supplies and now my IBS low fodmap list says they are all a no except for red beans and garden peas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are always up for bean soup! This looks very good. We always need bread for dipping or crackers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks wonderful! We will be giving this one a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bean soups. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That soup sounds delish and super easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the landscape too.

    It looks like we're both focused on comfort food. Save me some. I'll be right over.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. Big hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool entryway! That stew sound pretty darn yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the recipe. I love beans. XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely a keeper here. Mom says it would be perfect for a cool autumn dinner or even better a cold winter's night.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  14. madi...pleez ta tell yur mom "1 16 oz red kidney"

    thatz one big kid knee !!! ;) ♥3☺☺ !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could really go for this tasty meal!! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps...is it okay if I name one of my witches Louvenia? (And, is that spelled correctly)

      Delete
  16. Oh yummy- I'd better make this over the weekend! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds yummy! We haven't made bean soup in ages! But we did put some canned white beans in some Escarole soup today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think my favourite bean is a Romano!

    ReplyDelete
  19. THAT is something mom could dig into...and would. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Only thing better would be to throw in some cooked ground beef!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net