My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Thoroughly Poetic and Thankful Thursday #89

 Today is Poetic Thursday hosted by our pals Teddy and Angel Sammy 

at Two Spoiled Cats


Today's photo prompt is


Surely necessary but why so many
Hundreds (not really but close) lived in my closet
Only have 2 feet why do I need so many
Every style in RED was my goal
Sensible shoes have taken over.


Thank you Brian for hosting

   


Today I am very thankful for having very dependable dental care for the last 35 years.
I am currently on my second set of dentists in this practice. Eric Bufano and Lisa Bufano, husband and wife ( both about 50), bought the practice from my first dentist about 23 years ago from another very fine dentist who retired.  The practice is efficient and state of the art dental.  Yesterday's procedure went very well.
I'm guessing my jaw will be sore for a week or so due to having to keep my mouth open for about 2 of the 3 hours I was there. After preparing the cracked tooth, several images are made with the fancy crown machine.  It took about 1 hour for the machine to form then, bake the crown.  I watched HGTV.  Then lickety split Dr. Eric check the fit of the crown, his dental assistant bonded it in place.  The assistant polished it and I was out of there.  No temporary no waiting.  One stop, work. 


20 comments:

  1. So pleased all went well yesterday. I would be gnashing my teeth with envy at your dental services, should I have teeth I'm confident of gnashing right now!!!
    Nobby, of course, has strong teeth and jaws, excellent at clasping objects he does not want to release.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your dental procedure went well. Our dental services are non existent here.
    I go for sensible shoes also. My days of high heels are long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    LOL - Imelda Marcos in the making!!! Good to hear the teeth are back in order... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They "polished" your CROWN? Haverty's silver cream or Brasso? Too bad it's by the back door, no one can see the sparkling diamonds on top ...............

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the same thing about the shoes as yamini. Yay for dental procedure and all's well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good dentist is important. Mom had hers when she was a kid but then moved to Germany where she had one or two. Now she had another one since she moved back and she really likes her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't had a crown done in years but no temporary and waiting for the crown to come in for at least a week sounds like a great way to go. Sensible shoes live here too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new crown and the speediness of it! I thoroughly enjoyed your poem today. I have a thing for shoes but I feel pretty limited to sandals and flip flops and they aren't my favorite shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love your poem about shoes and are not surprised that your closet is (or was) full of red shoes. It sounds like you have great dentists. We're glad to hear your new crown went in without a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your poem. Perfect.

    A wonderful thankful. I'm glad all went well and you'll be back to normal in a few days. Good dental health is very important to your health.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Big hug, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you're happy to be wearing your new crown, Your Majesty! Nice you didn't have to wait for it. We absolutely LOVE your poem. Your dental disaster sure didn't effect your poetry-writing expertise.............LOL

    Love, Pam and Teddy too

    ReplyDelete
  12. we have only dental of check up and xrays once a year. all else has to be paid for, its the one that comes with our HMO.. this sounds amazing to me. most have to wait for weeks or months to get a crown back.. I bought shoes like they were candy until I got old and retired and stopped because I can no longer wear pretty ones, I can't walk in them and they hurt my feet

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a cute poem and really an excellent thankful to have it all fixed up in one day. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad all went well at the dentist. Great poem. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's amazing! It was at least a week waiting for my crown, over 20 yrs ago, from some lab. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good dental care is key. I love how you use the subject of your poem as the beginning of your lines.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm going in for crown prep and a on Tuesday and hope my experience iis as good as yours. They also have a "crown maker" at the office...

    I was never a shoe gal, barefoot or flip flops have always been my favorite way to walk...although now, tennis shoes are a much better choice for comfort!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net