My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Friday, February 24, 2023

Friday: Nature, Feline Flashback and Final Feature

    Nature Friday host LLB Gang   Click here Hostess Miss Mimi 

 


Our Hostess with the most

 Wild YAM sent us a new and very pretty badge for FFF

click here to visit Wild YAM   


 

 won·der: noun a feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar or inexplicable.

 Please allow me to explain the back story to this post

I retired from N. C. State University. I loved every minute of my employment in three different departments 
1. Broughton Hall:  Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
2. Dabney Hall:  Chemistry Department
3. Cox Hall, Physics*
4 1/2 years before I retired my Physics office moved to Centennial Campus

For several months I have been purging, merging and donating things I no longer need.  One of  the things I found  was definitely a surprise.  A soap  container with my name and office #on it.  This made my mind's eye wonder why in the world did I take a soap container  to my office in Cox Hall*.


I wondered about it a bit; however,  the rest of the story is I have no idea. It was inexplicable. The only containers I ever put my name on were lunch containers in the kitchen refrigerator. Surely I never took food in a soap container.


The Golden Rods are blooming everywhere.  A sure sign of spring, 

As we approached our parked car, I saw the shadows and heard a little friend tweeting at me.


Purrfect
 SLEEPING KITTY....
February 24, 2013

     Absolutely the only time I didn't make up the bed was when Diva Madison D. Princess Cat was sleeping on it.

    23 comments:

    1. Hari OM
      LOL - donchya just love mysteries... or maybe not so much when they involve oneself as the central character!!! YAM xx

      ReplyDelete
    2. ooh that could be a case for sherlok or for hercule ;O))) happy furryday to youuuuu

      ReplyDelete
    3. That's a lovely photo of Madi! ♥

      I don't know what you took in that soap container, but it's a good size for something small like paper clips or safety pins or some such. :-)

      ReplyDelete
    4. I have a soap container, had it for years, that I keep my rings, earrings, ankle chain and other small cherished things in. Started as a traveling thing but now it's just convenient for the things I wear every day. Easy to grab during hurricane season too. Have a tiny soft pillow in the bottom. I hope you think if what you kept in your soap container! Sweet Madi♥ I love the whole idea of "wonder."

      ReplyDelete
    5. How very mysterious. Bring on Hercule Poirot!

      ReplyDelete
    6. What a mystery! Mom won't make the bed if we're on it either.

      ReplyDelete
    7. hahaha, so I'm the only one that cannot remember things like that :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. That's an interesting story about the mystery soap container. Maybe you cleaned the soap out of it and used it for part of your lunch? We always love seeing the White Throated Sparrows in our yard.

      ReplyDelete
    9. That is a mystery. I wonder whatever you used it for!

      ReplyDelete
    10. That is odd having a soap container, but Mom thinks you used it for something else. She uses containers for other things all the time.

      ReplyDelete
    11. The little birdie is so cute and Madi looks so content♥

      ReplyDelete
    12. Such a mystery....OMC dat birdy is soo cute and Angel Madi of course is so adorable as well :)

      xoxo,
      Matilda

      ReplyDelete
    13. I can't wait until we start to get blooms...Our forsythia should start budding any day now!
      I bet you had a good reason for the soap...and Angel Madi is most beautiful!
      Have a wonderful weekend!
      hugs,
      Beth

      ReplyDelete
    14. Nice photos, especially Angel Madi. I love the new header. XO

      ReplyDelete
    15. madi...sneekin round two day on free wi fi and wanted two make sure we stopped bye two say hi, ewe bee gorgeouz ewe noe !! hope mom N dad iz doin sooper grate and heerz two an awesum week oh end !! ♥♥♥

      ReplyDelete
    16. Funny about that soap container! That is such a sweet Angel Madi flashback.

      ReplyDelete
    17. Hugs to Angel Madi and the sleep kitty photo steals the show ~ so sweet ~ Xo ~ Hmm ~ soap container story a mystery ~

      Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
      A ShutterBug Explores,
      aka (A Creative Harbor)

      ReplyDelete
    18. That is a mystery about the soap container, but it's not a mystery at all why you don't make a bed with a sleeping cat. Such language as they sometimes use.

      Thanks for joining Feline Friday!

      ReplyDelete
    19. Wow a soap miracle, or if you prefer to put it to music, a soap opera.

      ReplyDelete
    20. Hmm....a mystery.....well, maybe - just maybe - you kept a little empty container in your desk for the possibility someone would bring cookies, or some other treat to the office and you MIGHT want to take one (or two) home with you when you left for the day?????? Or maybe you were just bored in the office one day and labeled everything in sight??????? Or - well - never mind....some things are supposed to remain mysteries forever!

      Hugs, Pam

      ReplyDelete

    Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
    Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
    “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
    TONS OF HUGS
    Cecilia and Angel Madi
    Email: candb214@att.net