My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Thoroughly Poetic Thursday #130

      Poetic Thursday hosted by our pals Teddy and Angel Sammy 

Here is today's inspiration

My poem is a true story   


It was August 15,1998
Favorite Sis and BIL of Angel Madi
were married that day.

They did things their way which
was OKAY
They had a small private ceremony followed by a 
very nice dinner. 
The next day off to Jamaica for their honeymoon they flew.

The following Saturday we had a huge reception
catered by Red, White and Blue BBQ.
A wonderful time was had by all.
Then came time for their wedding cake.
M and G had their hands on the knife..
just as they raised it to make the first cut.

Becky, my cousin from HADES, said you are doing it wrong.
How many ways can you cut a cake?
In a nano second, she move M's hand away.
Before G could even blink, he was cutting his wedding cake
without his bride by his side.
All in the room were stunned...
Becky moved, the cake was served.
When I commended my daughter for  keeping her 
COOL
She said, Becky was lucky our cake cutting 
WAS NOT near the 
POOL
😏
****************
I'd like to wish favorite Sis and BIL of Angel Madi an early 25th wedding anniversary which they will celebrate on...
August 15, 2023


18 comments:

  1. Who interferes in the cutting of a wedding cake? Shocking! It's good to hear that BIL and Madi's favourite SIS will be celebrating 25 years of marriage soon. Will there be another cake?
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cow-sins are often from hades... and there should be the pool next to them... one what has gators LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cousin should have ended up in a pool! Happy 25th wedding anniversary to Angel Madi's Sis and BIL. That is also my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    OMCs that is astounding... I defintely think there needs to be a 25th anniversary cake, all silver, and cut ONLY by the couple~!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story has me is stitches☺ Happy 25th Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cats, I don't have words. What a horrible cousin! I'm impressed your daughter remained calm. You know, in a cosy mystery, the cousin would be found face down in the pool! (I read a lot of cosy mysteries!)

    Happy anniversary in advance to them both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. first I can't believe the woman did that and next I can't believe the bride kept her cool. I don't have enough cool to let that happen. wow, what a story. I am thinking more of her face shoved in the cake not in a pool... shocking what people will do but there is always someone ready to interfere

    ReplyDelete
  8. How rude. She's lucky your sweet daughter did not retrieve the knife from him and give her a poke with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I laughed out loud at this comment. Loved it.

      Delete
  9. That's crazy! Maybe Becky had been over served or was jealous it wasn't her wedding reception that was being celebrated. We think Becky is lucky the knife wasn't sharp enough to cut her hand off. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary early to Sis and Bill ~ Xo

    Hugs to Angel Madi too ~ Xos

    You didn't miss my birthday ~ It is today ~ lol

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am with M....that silly woman would have gone in the pool for sure!!
    Wishing them both a very happy almost anniversary!
    hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is no end to rudeness it seems. And it pops up at the dandiest times too. A wedding! Really...I have to say how dare she!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a really good story!!! Happy Early Anniversary from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun poem. Your daughter sounds very sweet. XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, that goes to prove you don't have to cut the cake together to stay together, LOL! Wondering if cousin Becky ever got what was coming to her...Oh, and wishing the happy couple an early Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A Happy Early Anniversary to SIS and BIL of Madi! SIS was very good to ignore the rude cousin and not ruin their wedding day or the guest's day that came to celebrate with M &G. BUT I'm telling you... I wanted to smack the cousin. I wish SIS could have told her to take her rude self and sit down. A good poem, C!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net