My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Happy Tuesday with friends

Thank you to our 

 Hostess Sandee at Comedy Plus 

Friday, July 28th , our friends (the ones we visited in June), came to Raleigh to stay with their 11 year old granddaughter, Peyton. Her parents and brother were away.  Peyton  is the most delightful 11 year old I've met since my daughter was 11. We made brunch plans with our friends Sally, Gary and Peyton on Saturday July 29th.   We met at Brigs  ,which is about half way between our home and where Sally and Gary's daughter and her family live. We all ordered Belgian Waffles they were delicious.

I finally remembered to snap a photo of Chef Wolf, he was made especially for Brigs.

The emblem on his shirt: The incredible edible egg. I love eggs

I love the 'dot' over the 'i' in Brigs is a fried egg.


We haven't seen Peyton since she was an infant.  I remembered how much my daughter loved things for her room when she was 11.  I decided to make a pillow for Peyton.  OMCs I had no idea green was her favorite color.   

Front


Back

It was indeed a Happy day we thoroughly enjoyed every moment.

22 comments:

  1. The pillow is gorgeous! [hopefully the comment goes through this time!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pillow and the wolf are eggs-cellent... we love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to read about having a fun time with friends. The pillow is lovely and would be enjoyed at any age!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Oh that Pillow is going to be loved from here to forever! It is always fun to have young peeps around - bringing a fresh perspective to life. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know your gift was a huge hit. what a great idea. love those polka dots. I like the leggings the wolf is wearing, looks like someting I might wear. ha ha.. happy you got to see your friends again and the sweet Peyton.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that wolf, what a cool thing and everything about it has meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a lovely way to spend the day. Good company and good food! The pillow you made for Peyton is sweet, I hope she treasures it for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOW-WOO what a happy day at a happy place with happy people and happy things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the logo, it's cute. Beautiful pillow for her. I know she was happy to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like a fun outing and the pillow is so pretty. I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am drooling just thinking about those Belgian waffles! You did a great job on the pillow and I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, those kind of days are super special. Sweet gift for Peyton. Chef Wolf is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun and I love that pillow. You rock. I'm so happy you had such a great time. You made me smile.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful pillow, such beautiful colors, I can imagine how much Peyton must have liked it!!
    hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you had a great day. The pillow is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you all had a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sounds like a fun time for you all and that pillow sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was so sweet of you to make a pillow for Peyton. XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that pillow you made for Peyton - that will probably be something she will ALWAYS and forever treasure!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pillow is fantastic and so creative ~ she treasure it ~ And love the doggies ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely pillow for your granddaughter! And I love that daffy too and his fried egg dot of an i!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net