My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Happy Sweet Tuesday

  • feeling or showing pleasure or contentment:

Thank you to our 

 Hostess Sandee at Comedy Plus   

Once again I'm making a memory quilt for my neighbor. 

HEADS UP   

this may or may not be displayed on my blog.  It has been a bear.  She wanted  all of her deceased sister's favorite  knitted sweaters/tops made into a quilt. 

Needless to say this was my 😱when she texted her request?!  You may or may not see the rest of this story. I (strongly) advised her not to use the knitted sweaters due to raveling and stretching.  She actually said I don't mind if the quilt is a bit catawampus.  

Anyway Burney's Sweets and More is in the same shopping center as JoAnn's Fabrics. We needed to go the JoAnn's to pick out fabric for the border and backing. She suggested we go to Burney's for sweets and coffee.

WOW 

 

As you will see from the next photos  Bruney's makes it hard to decide so of course one has to return

Note top shelf last tray on the right...they had a Croissant topped with Maple Syrup and Bacon bits.

I ordered a to go bag  one topped with brown sugar
and one filled with apples.


Jane and I ordered a Fudgy Croissant


No matter the outcome of this quilt, I will have sweet memories from Burney's and the quilt will give Jane sweet memories of her sister.

Surprise 4 tops were silky voile type fabric.
 Here is a pic of 3 rows of  10" sqs sewn together and 2 rows (top and bottom rows) of 5" rectangles. 

This is the memory quilt I made (2019) for her from her mother's blouses.  Originally there were two one for Jane and one for her sister.  I joined them for her in 2021.  I was very pleased with this one.  95% cotton blouses.  YAY




21 comments:

  1. a fudgy croissant... omg that must be the door opener to paradise... I would take everythinmg and I would sit there , eating till the bink bants burst with a giant boom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet of you to do this for your friend. Looks like a place to load up on a lot of calories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing gift for you friend! I'm glad that bakery is half across the country. I'd need to walk that far to walk off the calories of my visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had to stop typing to let the drool on the keyboard dry from just LOOKING at those showcases. I LOVE CROISSANTS, even with nothing on them. I can no longer eat them and they are a favorite. that is a really pretty little resturant. the quilt with 95 blouses is really pretty and i am in shock that someone had that many blouses. totally amazing. i am thinkig sweaters will not go well. good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS, just rememebered I have over 20 pairs of leggings, so maybe 95 is not as bad as i thought at first

      Delete
  5. Oh boy - all of the goodies look amazing and I would have trouble choosing just one! The memory blouse quilt is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a quilt request we would never think of in a million years, the blouses is another odd one. I guess everyone has their special ways they remember their loved ones. You are very kind to help her out with the sweater one. That won't be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    Lordy, all those temptations. Just as well I can't actually reach through the screen! I love the new quilt look - wish you well with its completion. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweet treats are a fun reward before you start the project,lol. I really think the ones you made earlier and then joined are quite lovely. Wishing you the best on sewing the sweaters and no matter what, I am sure the finished project will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sure is difficult to pick a favorite treat from that pastry shop. Good luck with the quilt. It looks like you have a good start on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the pastry shop. I would have loved to have gone there. Yummy.

    The quilt is beautiful. It made me smile.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure I remember the first memory quilt you did for Jane. It is a wonderful quilt. I think it is very nice that you two went to Burney's and had fudgie croissants. Heads UP!... I hope you do share the quilt and the story, C.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a beautiful quilt ~ you are so talented ~ and look at those 'no cal' desserts ~ Yummy!!! ~

    Hugs to you and Angel Madi ~ Xos

    Wishing you good health, laugther and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum...those croissants look delicious! Good luck with the quilt, it sounds like a lot of hard work!
    hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's mighty nice of you to make that quilt. I think that pastry display looks wonderful, one of each please!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a great job!!! I have someone making 2 quilts with my sister's clothes for her granddaughters. I had to do all the cutting and placing though. XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. The croissants look delightful.

    It's very nice of you to do the quilt. Sweetie, Brother-in-Law and Their Sister all have quilts made from their mother's dresses. She knew she was ill and dying and cut up her own dresses and pieced them all ready. Their Sister had them finished with the backing after she was gone. All 3 are treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quilt and yummy looking pastries.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my - that choice of pastries is a toughie - I think I'd get one of each (or maybe two???)! As for the quilting project - you are fast becoming the Queen of Quilts. I think you had a challenge with the request but as you always do, you aim to please and the quilt will be treasured forever......memories make lovely quilts.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful thing to do for someone, making a memory quilt. I'll have to remember that. And oh my, that bakery oh my.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net