My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Thoroughly Poetic Thursday#142

    Poetic Thursday hosted by our pals Teddy and Angel Sammy 

 

Listen....do you want to know a secret?


As soon as I saw this photo, the lyrics to "Do you want to know a secret", 
by Paul McCartney and John Lennon, popped in my head.  It was one of my favorite Beatle songs.  The words and music are beautiful

ListenDo you want to know a secret?Do you promise not to tell?Whoa, oh, oh
CloserLet me whisper in your earSay the words you long to hearI'm in love with youOoh-ooh-ooh-ooh ooh
ListenDo you want to know a secret?Do you promise not to tell?Whoa, oh, oh
CloserLet me whisper in your earSay the words you long to hearI'm in love with youOoh-ooh-ooh-ooh
I've known a secret for a week or twoNobody knows, just we two
ListenDo you want to know a secretDo you promise not to tellWhoa, oh, oh
CloserLet me whisper in your earSay the words you long to hearI'm in love with youOoh-ooh-ooh ooh-oohOoh-ooh-ooh ooh-oohOoh-ooh-ooh ooh-ooh
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Paul Mccartney / John Lennon
Click below link to hear this beautiful song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRQ7ecvU56k

20 comments:

  1. Oh yes, that's just the perfect fit with such an adorable picture.
    Bring back the Beatles!
    Oh, apparently someone just did!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love that song by john and paul... well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    You hit the right note with this one 😹 YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, that is the perfect song for that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the words fit purrrrfectly to these precious kitties. looks like he is saying MUAH, i love you. that is my secret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those words are so perfect for that superSweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yellow kitty in the head lock has a smile on its face. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a sweet photo, and yes, the song lyrics fit beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet picture and we think your poem choice is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interpretation of the photo. Very sweet photo... I am pretty sure the ginger in smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How perfect C! I'm with Gail, bring back the Beatles!
    hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just plain SWEET! I love that song....always did - and those kitties look "closer than siamese twins" !!

    Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those kitties are adorable. ALL of them are. How in the world can anyone not love cats?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, that's totally purrfect for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I' ve always loved that song, too. Now my pups get to listen to it while I type this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net