My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Saturday, February 24, 2024

Seaboard Cafe Symmetry (horizontal)

Well it is official Rick told us last weekend he is retiring 
June 29, 2024 after 34 years of SUPERIORLY SUPERB SERVICE to the community.  He was 70 in July of 2023...
We will 100000% miss Seaboard here is a sample of his menu board and he his daily specials. We plan to  dine there as much as possible.
I almost always order a bowl of soup and a muffin each Saturday in the winter.
My favorite is Rafael's Chicken Noodle...it is the best I have ever tasted.
All of the muffins are excellent normally I order a pumpkin. Other favorites are Cranberry orange, and blueberry.

Bryan loves their BLT, toasted on wheat.  Let me just say they do not skimp on 
bacon. 
Their old fashion chicken salad tastes exactly like Bryan's Mom's.
Tuna salad is yummy
In the warm months I order chicken salad or tuna cold plate and the Fresh Fruit Yogurt Salad (Rick gave me this recipe)  
Sometimes there are new folks in line, they will aske what is good
I say EVERYTHING!!!

There is also a printed menu with so many more choices.
 

18 comments:

  1. That is a shame that he is retiring, but he has earned it after all these years. Will someone else take over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope someone else will carry on and do justice to his menu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since it's breakfast time, I'll have a cranberry orange muffin 'n' coffee please ... with a side of happy retirement wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it all sound delish. Is Rick the owner and will close the store, or the chef that makes all the food? Will the Seaboard remain open or will it close.. so many questions, so little time. I hope he enjoys his retirement, he has put in his time for sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks to have a fantastic menu. Rick should be commended be evidently a very good business person and offering such a wide variety of good food. Hope someone continues with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on his retirement. I know how much I'm enjoying mine. Love their menu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're sorry to hear your favorite dining place is going away and hope you can find a new place with good food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always sad when something you love so much goes away - I agree though the guy deserves retirement. I, too, would like to know if this means the business is closing .... I always love the photos you post of the fun stuff they have there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red Bliss Dill potato salad! So sad to hear Seaboard is closing. Knew it was coming but still sad. There were plenty of days your time spent a Seaboard made my day. We would be spending as much time there as possible too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I'm sure he's ready for retirement but how sad for you two that a favorite place will be closing up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great place and am sure you will miss it ~ sigh ~ Change is the one constant we have besides Taxes ~ hugs,

    Hugs to you and Angel Madi ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Cecilia,
    Yes, that kind of sucks when a favorite restaurant is closing...
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so hard when a favorite place of yours closes. I hope someone carries on his business and keeps it up as Rick would have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He sounds like a stellar businessman. Has he thought about selling to his employees and letting them continue?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always awful when a favorite restaurant closes. I have had it happen last about 10 years ago and I SYILL miss it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well you knew it was coming for quite a while but it STILL is a shock when it's "imminent" ! I'm so sorry you're losing Seaboard because I know how much you two loved going there - So glad he will have more time to enjoy his life without the responsibility of running a restaurant but it's SAD for those who enjoyed his excellent meals. We feel like we know the guy because you've talked about him so much - so we wish him well !

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net