My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Thoroughly Poetic Thursday #157

   Poetic Thursday hosted by our pals Teddy and Angel Sammy 

Here is the photo challenge  


this photo reminded me of a story about Me

Once there was at 4 year old...
As she grew up, she was told
tales of things she did
that would make your toes curl.
She found her Annie Ma's (maternal grandmother)
scissors. She crept out to the back yard...
evidently to play beauty shop with 
Lady the Collie  and her new puppies.
The story goes when Annie Ma found her
she exclaimed, "what have you done".
I turned to her happily exclaiming!
I cut Lady's hair, her puppies and mine. 
Lady and her puppies did not mind
**************
There were no pictures but my mind's eye expects I was as happy about my
accomplishment as the child was with her art work.
***************
Rest of the story I was only missing a minute or two.  It only takes that long to cause chaos.  I cut the left side of my hair was almost a crew cut.  So many ways this story could have been a nightmare...Evidently I was a wee devil.

17 comments:

  1. Maybe Lady and her puppies were too hot and appreciated the (irregular) trim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness, to think how that could've turned out! That toddler's artwork is, umm, admirable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully hair grows back even while our parents are still angry with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow on the hair cuts, wish there was a photo of the puppy/mama cuts and of course yours. Lynn is right, the hair does grow back, now I am wondering if hair on dogs grows back. ha ha... when Dan was five, I noticed the back yard was quiet. he and his friend from across the street were MIA from my back yard. I walked over to the other house and opened the door and Dan and his friend were busy building a fire in the oven with sticks. the mom was at work and left her 6 year old home alone for the neighborhood to watch. another time the two of them did the jump off roof thing with umbrella, I caught them before they jumped. who knew they could be so quick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story has me laughing out loud☺ My younger brother decided to shave a bald spot in his head one day. It didn't take mom long to realize it. The fix was to visit the barber and get a "short all over" cut☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sure is a funny story. Too bad nobody took any pictures. We can't believe that you could have been a devil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You a devil? lol ~ fun poem to go with photo ~ thanks,

    Hugs to you and Angel Madi ~ ^_^

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Cecilia,
    Wow, you sure were a little devil but thank goodness—with a happy ending!
    The painted baby in the picture must have been an equal scare...
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you had a picture of those haircuts she gave :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHAT? YOU??? A WEE DEVIL????? NO!!!!! (tee hee) - I can totally see you as a wee devil because I believe the more little devil people have in them the more fun they have.....and I KNOW you have fun! Love the poem!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. TeeHeeHee...You were a cute little "wee devil" I'm sure!
    hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, I KNOW you were! You still have all the earmarks of a little devil right now. I never forgot how to be naughty and I hope you haven't either!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a fun one, you brought it to life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heeheehee! I would imagine it was more fun in the retelling than in the original.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, so glad nothing actually bad (other than cut hair) happened with those scissors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net