My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Saturday, April 14, 2018

What Makes Madi....Madi Part I and Caturday Art

We have been owned by 3 furbabes during our 47 years of marriage.
A mighty mini Dachshund, Toto almost 11 years, 200% hound and full of mischief

Milky-way our first cat 14 1/2 years, always the gentleman, laid back and human like.
and then there is Madison D Cat aka Madi.

She is truly a combination of Toto and Milky-Way.

Matriarch Madi 16 years and counting, a perpetual teenage human and  360 degrees different from Milky-way.


All in all there have been 6 other cats in our extended family, so I feel I have known enough cats.  Madi has some habits/traits/oddities that we think make her rather UNIQUE.  Today I'll tell you about them.
I also would like to point out that Milky-way lived in this house his entire life, as has Madi.
He was a laid back tabby, conformed to all our habits never made waves.
NOT MADI
We're pretty sure Toto the Mighty Mini was reincarnated into Madi the Magnificent. 

Miscellaneous 
Vocalizing:
Milky-way was not very vocal....we have often said Madi meowed more the
first week she was here than Milky-way did in 14 1/2 years. We always know
what Madi feels about any situation.
*******
Every single night between 9 and 10 pm, when I am sitting on the love seat watching TV,
Madi comes up, stands on her back feet, gives me a itty bitty kitty Meow, while reaching out with one of her front paws to gently touch me on the arm.
In reality, I think she is politely reminding me it is time for me move from her favorite night time sleeping surface.
Whatever the reason, it is ever so precious, it warms my heart..
100% re-enactment💞
To be continued tomorrow......

Now for a little Caturday art featuring yesterday's Dogwood tree
original

 Sunscreen

Rouge

Vanilla


Burlesque
I really like this effect

All of these were found under editing in my HP

23 comments:

  1. I think that is a sweet gesture of Madi's too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each of my cats has truly had their own "little ways" and I've loved that so much. Sammy was super special but Teddy has made his mark too. He's more vocal than Sammy and is learning slowly how to "talk" like Sammy did. He will reach up and touch me when he wants me to pick him up and hold him....he tell both my hubby and I when he wants to "sink drink" - very clearly. I think that's adorable that Madi gives you the BIG HINT when she's ready to sleep in HER chair. Obviously she can tell time too! LOL

    Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a sweetheart, Madi, and your dogwood is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love using the edits you used, they are in all windows 10 when viewing photos and i only found them a couple of months ago... that Madi story is priceless and precious. Jake does things like this, at exact times, and no matter how many times he does it we love it and laugh and talk about it. at 4:30 every day, he gets up from sleeping and comes to find me. i know what he wants. it is time for me to go in the kitchen and get our dinner ready... if i ignore him, which i do on purpose, he nudges my leg or arm with his head and will not stop until i go in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Madi, that is so nice of you to gently touch the Mom. Cats are just the best. Such pretty flowers.
    Great post about Madi and cats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We felines do have our own ways. Madi's gentle touch is so sweet. The three of you have such a good relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that sweet touch to tell you it's time for bed. They are precious and dear when they are loved so much...just as Katie is. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hari OM
    Looking forward to all the reveals of Madi's little ways!
    The 'Burlesque' is what I would call sepia with vignette and is one I use a bit myself... am liking the 'sunscreen' one though!
    ...Madi... are you okay with TOGM telling your 'tells'??? Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful effects on your dogwood. Our flowering pears are opening now too.

    Timber is like Madi. When it starts to get to that magic bedtime, he lies next to Mom's feet and puts his head on her feet. He is wanting her to get up and give him his bedtime cookie:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Madi sure is a special girl. Maybe someday your hubby could catch that scene in a video so we all can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three of my kitty cat cousins live with my Joanna human. They're all totally different! I've probably mentioned their names: Maddie (aka Medusa aka The Kitten Overlord) Tiberius, and Hannibal. They certainly keep their human busy!

    We enjoyed hearing about you Madi and your predecessors. Oh, and the dogwood tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So interesting to hear about Madi's backstory and "The Ones Who Came Before."

    ReplyDelete
  13. We always knew Madi was a sweet girl. We can’t wait to learn more about her traits.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a cute story about Madi meowing and touching your arm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Madi the Magnificent! Raz says that's purrfect!

    Hugs, your guy Raz and The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love learning more about what makes Madi as special as she is!!! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Madi is soooo special!

    Hugs,
    your guy Raz and The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the 1st part of your story about your fur kids.

    ReplyDelete
  19. big time awws heer madi ♥♥♥♥ paw patz ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. We just love how you voice your opinions Madi! What a wonderful collection of what makes you...you!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sure that Madi has a LOT to explain to you and moving from her spot is on the top of her to-do list. MOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net