My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Tuesday Tale: The Fountain Fiasco

Good morning my friends...first of all a brief explanation on my new title
"My Mind's Eye".  It was originally my personal blog just about things I found interesting that were not cat related.  
I guess you could say I'm blessed or cursed with a gift of sorts,
 In "My Mind's Eye", all my photos 9 times out of 10 remind me of something. 

You might recall seeing the fountain picture last Wednesday....here is the 
rest of the true story from ......My Mind's Eye.

Before I retired, I worked with a very lovely professional couple.  Both had PhDs.
They tried for years to have a child finally in their mid (her) late (him) 40's they found out
their were expecting. They had a beautiful baby boy, we'll call F, whom they adored and spoiled with love.
 Both were the youngest of their siblings with little to no experience with children especially a two year old.  One Friday afternoon, they told me they were going to take a day trip with their son to a Wilmington, a coastal town about 2 hours from us.  They were so excited to both have the weekend free.  Monday morning the Dad walks into my office.  I asked how the trip went...(bare in mind now he is 50ish).  He said fine, it was a tad chilly down there.  We walked around the downtown area.  He casually said, F loved the freedom of running and before we knew it...F fell in the FOUNTAIN in the town PLAZA.  I nearly spit out my coffee in horror.  He looked at my horrified face like I had gone mad.  I said I hope there was somewhere close by to change his clothes and dry his hair.
Again, he casually said no we did not have a change of clothes for him.  We took the wet clothes off and put my jacket on him.  So many many many things ran through My Mind's Eye, mainly, who leaves home for any amount of time w/o a change of clothes for a toddler.  Thankfully none of the things that My Mind's Eye saw came out of my mouth.  Being a parent, is a hands on job,
live and learn, which they did.  F turned out to be a very adorable, smart child and probably by now is a handsome and smart pre-teen.


(This picture is not the fountain F feel in, it was much larger, but when I took it I remembered the story of F's fountain fiasco.)


**********************
Reminder from Raz
Please join us TOMORROW, Wednesday, September 26 when we host a special Blog Hop for Madi Come Laugh With Us.  Post anything you want to do with a Box...such as stand up comedy, a joke or pun,
Recite a poem...karaoke, just a picture with a box, etc...anything goes no rules except RED!


There will be a link set up at Living Laughing and Barking in our Backyard
 (The Blog Hop is set up HERE if you would like to pre-post)

31 comments:

  1. Fountainabulous!!! the mama drove home in her dad's raincoat once after she had such a bath LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that so many things stir various memories. The memory you have brought back to me was when my mother, myself and my younger brother walked our 3 dogs to Central Park in Plymouth about 3-4 miles away. It was a hot summers day, (the summers seemed so much better back then). We went to the paddling pool and my brother fell over in the water and got soaked. My mum said he wouldn't hurt as it was such a good day and told him to take his shorts and shirt off which he did. Then he took his underwear off as well and proceeded to march home saying they were wet too and he wasn't wearing them! He was only three years old so wasn't mistaken for a flasher! I think he would be embarrassed if I reminded him now he is in his mid 60s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once took two small children to a small amusement park. I took with me a change of clothes for the younger one, which I ended up using. Unfortunately I needed a second change as well, which of course I didn't have with me. He survived though and is now a strapping young man!

    Love the fountain photo by the way: those drops are perfect!

    Mara from NI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    &*> fount memories keep us smiling! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story about the little boy and the fountain. Love Jackie's story about that little boy too. Lots of fountain memories. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would of been us... not so good with kids! Good Morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha, I too do not have experience with children..... But, the hubby calls me his boy scout. So I imagine I would have packed a suitcase with the "what if" I need things.
    Thanks for the story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite the story and we could see that happening in our mind's eye too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember every time I left home I had a diaper bag, a huge one with changes of clothing and everything that could possibley happen. I have the curse of what iffer the size of empire state building, and would never be caught without a change of clothing. I enjoyed the story about F and his parents..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great story. We could picture it too. Especially porr soaked "F"

    Hugs, Madi's guy Raz and The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so funny! Mom has zero kid experience herself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute story! Poor F having to wear just your jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Hubby and I are both babies of the family, and have no kid experience either. But after one or two spit-ups, I'm sure I'd remember to bring some extra clothes for the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my. Poor little guy. I'm guessing they are learning. I sure hope so. You almost can't have enough changes for the little ones.

    Have a fabulous day and week, honey. Big hug. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  15. When you posted on your other blog, we always LOVED all of your posts. You and Mom have so much in common, it brought back many memories to her from her younger days. We look forward to more of the same along with some help from Angel Madi here.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  16. As I'm sure you well know, having lots of letter after your name is no guarantee of common sense.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL at Bertie's post..because it is so very true!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  18. BOL! What a cute story! live and learn we guess!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll bet the wee one got a LOT of looks as he was walking around, or attempting to, wearing his dad's jacket that was probably 100 sizes to big !!! even if they didn't have a change of clothes; hopefully they were able to change his diaper.... if he was still in one....lordy can ya imagine what THAT looked like !!!!!!☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my what a story! We still love the photo you got of this fountain!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bet he has a ton of stories about being raised by older, inexperienced parents lol! Took Lila out today to make sure she doesn't need any adjustments before heading to Bryce.

    F

    ReplyDelete
  22. We can see that the fountain would remind you of that story.

    SHE once went to an outside event on Sydney Harbour with friends who had two little girls. The mother packed extra clothes, warmer clothes, drinks, snacks, toys, picnic blanket....etc. Later when the sun went down, her husband said 'Where's my sweater?" He hadn't brought one. A dumb thing to say when you are outnumbered by women!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is a funny story. See you tomorrow for Madi's special day. XO

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ghostwriter and dad have a funny story about when sibling # 2 of 4 jumped into the fountain at the mall when she was 2 years old (and stubborn as all get-out!) Dad had to fish her out by the seat of her pants with all the other shoppers gawking around them. It was a cold winter day, so she had to be wrapped up in dad's coat on the drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a funny story! We’re sure the boy wasn’t any worse for wear despite having no dry clothes except his dad’s jacket. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is so funny! I can't imagine going anywhere without a change of clothes for a toddler. Things are never apparent until you're a parent. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that fountains always remind you of that story. I bet that those parents learned - and that it made a funny story for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's a good story about the professional couple with the little one. I was an only child, and never, ever, had what I needed in the diaper bag with either of my children. Somehow, they survived (by the grace of God, I think). P.S. I didn't know until you said it that I was supposed to take a change of clothes for them as toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh the memories we all have, this brings back the time
    my late husband and I took the grand kids to Sea World San Diego.
    Shamu the whale jumped up right by where we were sitting.
    You can guess who all got soaked. We did have a change of clothes
    for all three of them.

    ReplyDelete
  30. We love this story and agree with Bertie that letters after your name don't always correlate to common sense. Our dad has a bunch of letters after his name and our mom doesn't and she often wonders how he got those letters when he does some silly thing you would think he should know.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net