My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Saturday stroll and 9th Day

.... before Christmas I give to each of you...


As I mentioned yesterday, we took a road trip looking for a little Nature for Friday photos which I posted yesterday.  

Today I'd like to share some inside photos at the Yates Mill Welcome Center.
We were greeted by this delightful sculptured Heron balancing on a rock with tinsel bling


This whimsically decorated tree which covered about every theme 
you could imagine including nature.
Fish ornaments and birds


This section of a tree explaining the 

the info on either side was too small for a good picture
In part it tells visitors the tree rings were counted many times.  It was between 170-192 years
old when cut down due to the danger of it falling on visitors to Mordecai Historic Park.



 I chuckled at the red tail hawk wearing a red Santa hat.
 I was quite surprised to learn we have Kingfishers (one wearing a Santa hat) in Raleigh
Every species on display is found in Wake County
Red nosed deer with antlers decorated in tinsel
 Carved duck decoys and this beautiful painting of many of the species of plants,
flowers, birds, butterflies and reptiles we have.

18 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    awww snuggle bears... and love that tree decor! A great place to visit!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yates Mill is just the most wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super nice visitor center.........we have a lot of old mills around here too and I just love to explore them! This one has provided a lot of interesting information for those who enjoy history AND what a beautiful "waterfall" in the last photos from yesterday! Thanks for the tour.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go there. Or, rather to say mommy said she sure would. I'll stay here and nap. But she's a birder and she loves visiting Nature areas. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure sounds like a great place to visit.Lots of interesting things to see. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful mural, a fun trip and lots of new things to learn. love the bling wearing heron. another place I would love to visit.. I love all things trees

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a treat, Cecilia! The teeny Santa hats on the birds make me smile. I am so wanting to read The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben. More lovely pictures here to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the snuggle bears. Snuggling is a good thing.

    I would have loved to explore there with you.

    Have a fabulous weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos. That looks like a nice place to visit. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love snuggling!! What a very interesting place and fun that they decorated things up for Christmas
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bears. Can I really have NINE?!?!?

    Kingfishers are such cool birds. We have them here too but they're hard to spot! Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the bears! Yates Mill looks like a great way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked learning about the tree, but not so much the dead, taxidermied animals and birdsl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a very interesting place.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net