My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Secret Lives of Letters O and P and Tale



November Reader's Digest and I happened upon this article, 
"The Secret Lives of Letters", by Brooke Nelson.  Mr. Nelson says letters may be small characters, but there are amazing stories behind all 26 alphabet all-stars.
M and N can be found by clicking here


Four Legged Love

Saturday, January 12th, Eastside Cat Mom posted about a surprise encounter with a K9 while
at her eye appointment.  She told us how the office apologized since the beautiful yellow Lab had gone 
beyond where he was supposed to be.  She told them NO worries at all and she gave the Lab some loving
adding Lab fur to the cat fur collection she had on her slacks.


I was reminded of a similar encounter


I am always ready for little 4 legged loving...no matter where I go.
Of course I ask permission first!!   If I don't see a person with a dog, I just say 
hey sweetie and keep on walking.  There several outdoor cats in the neighborhood.
They all flop at my feet for belly rubs.  


Dog TALE: 

When I'm out and about, I most often encounter K9's and their owners. I think I send off an
"I'm a sucker, come up to me and I will love you" vibe. They all come up to me. A year ago early spring, I was walking around an outdoor mall. I saw the most GORGEOUS Great Dane in the distance, it was huge, and as it approached it became gigantic. It was a puppy about 9 months old. They were just getting it out and about for socializing and preparing her to be a therapy dog. I stopped as it walked up, I asked if I could pet it. The lady said she is a puppy she is just meeting folks. That precious Dane walked up to me slowly.
Her head was above my waist. She nuzzled my hand to her head and OMDs did we have a love fest. The lady said you might want to brace yourself, she (the Dane) is a leaner. Evidently that is a common thing with Danes. Yep the more I petted the more she leaned and oh my what an experience. Then some children approached. Do you know what she did? She laid down so as to be at their level, without being told to do so. I know in my heart this Dane if a wonderful therapy dog. 



19 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    I met a great dane recently whose head was at my shoulder height (not hard, I know...) I am convinced it was a shetland pony trying to muscle in on the 'sleep on the bed' privileges! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danes are pretty awesome. Back when I worked for a very we had one come in. Harlequin Dane, good natured but decided he didn't want to come with me to the kennel. His head was almost at eye level with me. He just stood there while I leaned back to get him to move but he just politely refused. The vet finally had to get him moving again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Great Dane sounded like a very gentle pup, and I am sure she made a lovely therapy dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people are just more "approachable" - I think animals pick up on that VERY well too. They know who might welcome them and who to stay away from instinctively. O and P are interesting letters too - enjoying the alphabet info so much.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your story about the Great Dane. I bet that dog will make a great therapy dog. You all have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the most awesome pup I ever saw was a 5 month old Dane and Mastiff Mix... I wanted that pup... the guy said he will be about 150 when grown. I loved your story of the Dane. that is exactly what Big does, leans to the point of pushing us over. dogs and cats and other animals can sense if a person likes them or not. when I meet dogs they come to me because I put off waves of love. they know who likes and who doesn't

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Great Dane sounds like a sweetie. We like those letters and we always got a kick out of him on the Andy Griffith Show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And the letter P can stand alone! *wink wink nod nod*

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was very little my grandfather owned a Great Dane. According to my mom the first time I met him I was still in the car and rolled the window down. The Dane stuck his head in the window and I exclaimed, "Wow! What a horse!" I believe he was taller than me when I was standing outside the car but he also was a gentle giant and just wanted to be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom has met a couple of Great Danes and they were very nice pups. Good thing because they're HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I was a child, a neighbor's Great Dane got loose, and ended up chasing us in our front yard! He grabbed my sister's sweater sleeve, and in my role as her protector, I yelled and made him release her. I was scared of dogs after that, until I was older and found that I loved dogs, cats, horses...every living thing! Well, maybe I still have the willies around spiders...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Dane is a wonderful therapy dog already. Love it. I too never pass an opportunity to have a love fest. It's a good thing.

    Have a fabulous weekend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Danes really are huge. One day ghostwriter was driving past the emergency vet office and she saw a family with a great Dane. He had his own ramp so he could walk up into the back of the big family van. Ghostwriter had a double take because it almost looked like they were leading a pony into the van instead of a doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That does sound like a sweet Dane. Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog for the loss of Tallulah. XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like the Great Dane you met is going to be a wonderful therapy dog. Your alphabet posts have been fun. I ALWAYS ask before petting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some of those BIG breeds are so gentle. We have a friend that has Irish Wolfhounds and Scottish deerhounds and they are the most gentle dogs. Piper the deerhound went to puppy class with Hazel. As he grew so much bigger he would always lay down to greet Hazel. They were dear friends till he passed away. Sadly those big breeds don't live as long.
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Great Danes! My daughter and her husband recently adopted a precious puppy that i have feeling might be part Dane. She is already ginormous! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some good critter stories. I don't try to pet unknown animals unless they want to be loved on. And, like you said, you can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  19. An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

    Website
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net