My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Whirligig Wednesday and Kat Email

Before I tell you about my road trip on April 30th,
I must tell you we had another snappy road trip this past weekend.
My new header picture might give you a clue as to the location of last weekend's trip
We visited Angel Madi's favorite sissy and BIL and their kitties.
I still have to go thru the a lot of photos.

******************
We took a short road trip to visit the
Whirligig Park in Wilson, NC, about 1 hour from home.


Vollis Simpson was a visionary in Folk Art.
below tells how he started

I'm thrilled to report it was a windy day so perfect weather to see all the
parts spinning.
  1. Whirligig is a toy that spins around, for example, a top or a pinwheel.


Click here to read all about this Park

Made entirely out of reflectors.  At night the park has spot lights around the park.
I'd love to see this at night with all the reflectors shining.
Close up of part of the reflector tower













Nearly all of the Whirligigs in the park are shown below... the park amazing.
Each piece of art was beautifully constructed, the colors amazing and made from
recycled materials.  Mr. Simpson was truly a visionary and artist.  




************************************************
While I was away this past weekend, I rec'd a lovely  email from my Nephew...


Dearest Aunty HiC,
Mom just showed me the pictures of Frisco and Mia! They are beautiful kitties. 
Now, if you’re my Aunty HiC, and their GrandMeow, that would make me their second cousin, twice removed, right? Ha! 😹
I want to tell you a secret, I love all my canine siblings, but Dakota is my favorite. She’s so sweet, gentle, and patient; it’s hard to believe she endured such a rough life before she came to live on The Hill.
We are family!
❤️ Kat Your Feline Nephew 



Dearest Nephew,
Kissin' cuz  toooo Kat!  Thank you  Mia and Frisco are very sweet.
Your photo with Dakota made my Day. I can tell she loves you as much as you love her.  I think she surely lives in the moment. Her move to the hill was the first day of the best days of her life. You are family
Lovingly your Aunty
HiC

28 comments:

  1. we love the house and we love this art pieces... they would look fabulous in our backyard ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got a spinner in our backyard - they are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those whirligigs are amazing. I have never seen anything like that before.
    That is an adorable photo of Kat and Dakota.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW on the whirligig park - they are gorgeous and how much fun they must be to design and assemble. Love the photo of the "besties" - happiness is a "best friend" !

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whirligigs are fabulous! What fun! Love your new header pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now those whirligigs are something to see. Thanks for those great pictures of all of them. Kat, glad you are such good friends with Dakota. You all have a really good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet picture of them! Always good to see cross species harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! I wonder of they are easily gone to when mom goes to visit other favorite brovver in Charlotte? Mom and I love seeing these. XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, those towers are so unique. Never seen any of those.

    Kat, you are too cute for words. Dakota you are a love :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the header pictures. The whirligig park is cool. The picture of Kat with Dakota is a big smile maker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those whirligigs are pretty amazing and we love seeing those sweet pals togeter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you will already know the photo of Kat and Dakota is my favorite. I love the Kontinued Kat adventure stories... number 10 photo, is my favorite of the whily gig pics. what a truly amazing place... I am wondering if all the whirling gigs were making noise? could you hear them as well as see them?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love whirligigs. I would have enjoyed seeing all those for sure.

    I love your email's from Kat. They make me smile. Yes they are family.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun park to visit. It's nice that the wind cooperated so you could see it all in action. Kat and Dakota are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gem of a park! Kat and Dakota look very comfy together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are amazing!!!

    Great photo of Kat and Dakota. They are so sweet.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE reading the personal note, "Aunty"!! They made me smile & get warm fuzzy inside. As for the park, I too would enjoy seeing this at night. The full view made me think of days gone by...and tinker-toys!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love whirlygigs, how wonderful that there is a whole park devoted to them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun place to visit!! And I love the picture of Dakota and Kat!
    hugs
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's an interesting park...would love to visit. Also love the photo of Kat and Dakota...so cute.

    Will resurrect the 'Madi Hug Scarf' this morning. It's cold out there!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I bet those spinners would be going all the time here in WNY where it seems to always be windy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now you have Mom wanting to do a road trip to that whirlagig place too - it looks like so much fun. The "donkey" lady up the street has a whole bunch of smaller whirlagigs all over her yard. She gets them at flea markets in Missouri. Mom wants to get one, but she would have to twist Dad's arm:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great photos. That looks like a fun place to visit. XO

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun park!! What an original art concept!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have to go to that park! I LOVE Whirligigs! Too bad it is such a long way from here!
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun park to visit on a windy day!! That is simply amazing. The picture of Kat and Dakota melted my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net