My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

A Chat with Kat on Tasty Tuesday


Dearest Aunty HiC,
I am so very sorry  I’ve not been very chatty Katty lately, but this heat wave has us all in a funk here on The Hill.
I got out on the porch early this morning, hoping to enjoy some peace and quiet before it got too hot. Between Mom’s stinky gardenia plant, and the noisy Wren family, there was no peace to be had! I’m about to really lose my COOL! 😹
❤️ Kat Your Feline Nephew







Molmol dearest nephew!  Uncle and I feel so bad for you and the pups w beautiful furry bodies in the heat,  that is a loooooooud mouth bird!  My birdese is rusty but  I think I heard him say a cuss word to you.  
Oh dear me lots of your senses are being abused: ears, nose and that camera in your face.  

Try not to lose what little bit of cool you have.  

Lovingly your Aunty HiC and uncle






Today I'm sharing a very tasty and refreshing family favorite 
for the hot hazy humid days of summer

Official title is

Seafoam Lime Mold:
A dramatic party salad mold to dazzle any menu
Kat's Mom, Kit, makes a very similar salad...they call it 
Green Stuff!!
Ingredients:  crushed walnuts, crushed pineapple,
lime jello, cream cheese, lemon juice,
water and marshmallows


1-3 oz package of lime flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1- 8 oz Cream cheese* (I only use 4 ozs,)
1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1 2/3 cup crushed pineapple drained
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional ingredient, we like walnuts)
Dissolve lime gelatin in boiling water; add cold water and lemon juice.
Gradually add to soften cream cheese, mixing well til blended, I use a fork
to press the cream cheese against the bowl
It should look like this:



Chill until almost firm; fold in marshmallows, nuts and pineapple.
Pour into a 1 qt mold or you can leave in the bowl.

I use a mold

You can actually visualize the marshmallows as
the foam in a cool green sea it even sparkles like the sun is shining on it.
Chill until firm.  Makes 4-6 servings.

I never thought these words would come out of my I Scream lovin' mouth
but this is at least as good as I Scream.

29 comments:

  1. we love the recipe !!! hugs to all who have to sweat in that heat wave... we look for the thick jackets now... rain and an icy cold wind..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I could take care of those wrens for ya . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Mom used to make that but not in a mold......until one time she made it and discovered a bit of shell in it from the walnuts and it fractured one of her molars! OUCH! She hasn't made it since. She lost her spirit of adventure after that!

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Still waiting for the heat wave here, Kat, but I's flat out anyway. With a virus. Yuk. Given how it has had me feeling, I have to apologise to aunty HiC and make a quick exit from that sea foam too...! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you mean STINKY Gardenia, Kat?! That jello sure looks yummy! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That jello sure looks yummy. Sorre Kat you are having such a hard time.Things will get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It do look very cool and refreshing! I say to Kat, at least it's a wren and not a Phoebe!!!
    Feebee Feebee Feebee Feebee ALL day long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh boy, another recipe. I tried your ginger ale float. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love love love the video and sleeping Kat and singing bird. I think it is singing. ha ha. we love green stuff but ours is not like this. I could eat this yummy green stuff 2 years ago. now we eat no sugar green stuff. lime jello, cottage cheese, crushed pineapple and coolwhip.. I would add nuts but bob can't eat them

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom brings in gardenia flowers from the big bush in the backyard. They smell purrty.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Seafoam treat looks delish. Poor Kat. He is welcome to come up here as it's been quite cool lately.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That wren doesn't sound too bad compared to the rude grackles around here. But I think they've finally moved on. Hooray! (ghostwriter says she hasn't had a jello mold type dessert in ages. Maybe she should try making this one. Thanks for the recipe.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fur coats are NO fun in the heat, but that's why God created air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I suspect the birds in our yard cuss at us, humans and cats, but I am 100% sure that the squirrels use HBO words often!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Kat. Thank you so much for featuring him so often.

    Have a fabulous day. Big hug, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sea foam salad. Wow!
    Reminds Gail of a story her American friend Marse one told about her childhood near Branson, Missouri and cooking her siblings tuna and lime jello casserole for dinner.
    Jello, lime or any other sort, is not used in the UK for either salads or casseroles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You will always be a cool cat Kat! That green stuff sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. dood....we wood looze mor N our kewl... if we had ta listen ta wren song two.....be jezuz ....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yummy, that does look a TASTY salad
    And I completely understand about noisy birdies...I have a whole nest of noisy Blue Tits in the nesting box right by my Garden Throne Room
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks yummy to us!
    We wanted to apologize for not being around much. Mom is going through a lot right now and it's hard for us to get to the computer. We're trying to do a little catching up today!
    Cam and Mags

    ReplyDelete
  21. TeeHeeHee..Kat sure did give his Mama the stink eye!!

    That SeaFoam Lime Mold sounds totally delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Our Mom would be like Ms. Kit - she loves the smell of gardenias:) But not Dad - he says they stink!!! Kat, just imagine having to listen to the tweeting of a bird all day INSIDE - that's what we have to put up with since that Piper arrived!!!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  23. We are warm for a few days (80) and then will cool down for the weekend.
    hugs
    Mabel
    Pee es
    thank you very much for the very nice welcome card!! Mabel says you are a very special friend! loves Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have a jello mold that I haven't used in about 20 years. I should make that. XO

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness! The heat is on here in south Texas too! We took the boys walking this morning and the humidity was crazy! I make Jell-O with cream cheese and it is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Poor Kat....all those distractions! sigh. I hopes he gets some decent snoozes soon!
    Ma isn't a fan of the green jello, butts I am willin' to gives it a try!
    Since it's hot hot hot here today, anything cold sounds FABulous!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. Chatty Katty ... hahahaha. When I was in 10th grade, my Chemistry teacher made a reference to Chatty Kathy one day in class because I wouldn't stop talking to the people around me. After class, he explained the reference. I feel bad about stuff like that now ... teachers don't have it easy.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net