My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Monday, June 10, 2019

Retirement Party for Sassy Singer

Good morning Friends

Thank you for joining me today to celebrate Sassy's 
25 years of devoted service.


Sassy is a third generation
employee.  She and her granny and great granny were always here to 
work tirelessly by my side.

Sassy had one last hooray before deciding to retire.
In March  of this year I decided I wanted to get back to my very first hobby
Sewing, 
which I started at about ten years of age.
I dusted her off, took here in for a check up and off we went.


Sassy even jumped in presser foot (sewing machine lingo) first when I decided to try quilting.
Once again she proved to be very versatile and capable.
top left: a blouse
top right:1st quilt
bottom left: 2nd quilt
bottom right:3rd quilt

After she announced her plans to retire, I started an intense search for
a new sidekick.  I asked friends, relatives and the interwebs.
I learned quickly that I needed someone with more stamina to
be my sidekick for bigger quilting projects.  Of course
the applicant pool was full of potential employees to fill the position.
Many demanding a huge hourly salary, of course they are worth every
penny too.  However, I am not planning a profession in sewing.
I was quickly able to take many of them out of the applicant pool.

I am a Singer Girl through and through so I decided on
Singer Patchwork #7285Q
Introducing Saucy Singer.  Saucy because she is hot as fire and ready to soar.

Saucy has 100 Built in stitches
auto threader for OLD as Dirt eyes
11 presser foots  and 4 bonus Quilting feet

 Extension table for large work
she can applique
has all kinds of automatic features
easy bobbin
makes buttonholes in one step
Oh I could sing Saucy's praises all day long
I can see already Saucy and I are gonna be BFFs
Of course stay tuned for new projects but first I Saucy and I
need to get fully acquainted.  I have several mending projects, hemming etc
saved up for Saucy.

And she was on sale!!

27 comments:

  1. Happy Retirement, Sassy!!!! You've done such great work over the years - I know how your sidekick has appreciated you! I hope that you'll stay on to help train your successor - because she's going to need all the help that she can get if there's already a pile of work for her to catch up on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy retirement Sassy and welcome Saucy ;O) the ole Privileg of the mama what is 30 something now is green with envy but it stillhas to do his job ... poor thingy, that's no job butt torture to work with the mama LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you another quarter century of sewing with Saucy Singer, although with all those options for stitches and feet, in Gail's hand she would for sure be Stress-causing Singer.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy retirement to Sassy and a big welcome to Saucy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I imagine Saucy will give you years of reliable service as your sewing partner - I expect to see more quilts and more clothes now that Saucy and her talents are joining your team!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done a great job all of these years, Sassy, and boy will your mom ever have fun with Saucy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sassy, you have been such a good machine. Hope you enjoy your retirement. You all have a wonderful Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hari OM
    ...does Saucy sit flush/higher, or do you have to deal with that drop off and jump up to the table? Mind you, not that I know anything. I consider sewing machines to be very very scary beasties indeed... but I totally understand your excitement and look forward to seeing results! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great header with Angel Madi and your gorgeous flowers! Congrats on your retirement Sassy and welcome Saucy! Saucy is one sleek little gal! I know you will enjoy her help and she will be a good partner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her. She's a nice machine. The flowers are beautiful. Of course, not a pretty as Madi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome Saucy!! We think she sounds like a hard worker! We hope Sassy enjoys retirement.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sassy served you well. Wishing her a happy retirement. Welcome to the new machine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Retirement to Sassy, you kept your partner in stitches for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what an upgrade too. You're going to do amazing things that you never dreamed possible. How fun.

    Have a fabulous day, honey. My best to Saucy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sauce is beautiful and looks strong and capable, unless of course I tried to be her sidekick then she would kick me and my project to the curb.. so glad you found her on sale. waititng to see the new creations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saucy sounds like a perfect replacement for Sassy. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sassy....pleez N joy yur reee tire mint yeerz N we hope ya due knot hafta wait a month oh sundayz ta get yur social securatee chex ~~~~~~~~☺☺♥♥

    welcome ta de werld oh cloth saucy ~~ ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. My ghostwriter says she used to do a lot of sewing when the four siblings were growing up. But she retired her old Singer many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  19. One needs good tools to create artistry!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now Sassy, needs to be put on display somewhere. She's earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like the beginning of a wonderful friendship!! Welcome Saaucy!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a nice looking machine. I can only sew catnip mats so I am happy with my new Brother with a top loading bobbin. I can't wait to see what you create with her. XO

    ReplyDelete
  23. You and Sassy turned out some beautiful work before she retired. Will be looking forward to seeing what you and Saucy do after you get acquainted. Hugs and congratulations on your new sidekick.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an awsome find! I hope you have many creative years together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. THREE QUILTS!!!! That's amazing and I'm so excited for your new Singer. I think I'd have to call her Fancy Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. HAPPY HAPPY RETIREMENT SASSY!!! I thinks she deserves a pitcher of margaritas! and some IScream! (or 3-1 oil....whatevs) Welcome Saucy!!! You sure do have lots of BLING! I thinks you will serve our pal well.
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations. Your relationship will deepen and Saucy will start whispering in your ear when her bobbin needs rewound or her pressure foot needs tightened. I hope Sassy finds new friends with which to enjoy her retirement.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net