My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Thoroughly Poetic Pictorial Thursday

Today we join Two  SPOILED CATS 
Angel Sammy and Teddy for their poetic pictorial poem.
Here is our photo challenge


TWO
this is 200% a true poem

TWO
I once knew a lady who was expecting twins.
She knew for months they would be boys.
She spent her pregnancy preparing
she bought two of everything clothes, beds and toys.
She pondered the names but did not tell
until they were born.  
They were identical from the top of their heads 
to the tip of their chubby toes.
To friends and family she gave not a clue.
She just smiled like she knew a big secret
Finally we were introduced to

Charles Issac and Issac Charles.

We all scratched our heads
finding it hard to hide surprise
when the names were read.
The End

*************************************
Yes this is true.  I bit my tongue to keep from asking
W H A T in the world possessed you?  After all, it was none of my business
I was just a co-worker.   So many questions ran thru my head.  I must have looked stunned.   Finally, I was told she liked both names. She wanted to use both names daily.  She would call one Charles and one Issac.
Eventually she changed jobs and I lost track of her.
I suspect along the way the boys had fun telling their names and the story.

22 comments:

  1. Your poem tells a very odd true story. I guess giving birth to twins can make people behave strangely! I once met some triplets, three boys, called Hughie, Dewey and Louis.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you bet that they will tell this story ;o) we had twins in our school named diana and daisy... the nickname of both was Di... fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a funny story! As long as they both used their first names there wouldn't be confusion, but it is a great story for them to tell their friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great story. They are such cute boys and we love the names. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the poem - interesting isn't it - sometimes I wonder if people really THINK about what they name their kids being something they will have FOREVER! LOL The only twins I knew in school were boy/girl twins and you could definitely tell them apart....HAHA

    Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the names... they probably are cool with it but I bet teachers want to scream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhhhhhhh, that is strange to me. Poor boys. Why not name them something that was not so confusing........

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cute boys and we love their names!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, and each one has the others name on their drivers license!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's hysterical!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cannot image having two kids, let alone one! Naming them...omg! It's hard enough with cats, but humans...now you know why I didn't have any babies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The four siblings all have names that start with J. The younger two are Irish twins. They were born 11 months apart, so are the same age for about three weeks a year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonder who came running ///// or hid, when they were in trouble and the entire name: charles issac was used :) ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see that blank stare after the names were said. I would have had that deer in the headlights look too. To each his/her own. Love the poem though.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday, Cecilia. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sure is a most unique way to name twins. I've never heard of that before. I hope the boys had fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How funny! Not to mention wonderful poem fodder!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a great poem. I had never heard of anyone naming their twins like that but when I read the true story it gave me a smile. I think it is clever idea. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bet the boys had fun with that in school
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Parents don't always think hard enough on names and how it will impact a child's life. I used to be in charge of taking high school IDs for every student and I can tell you some doozies! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMD, that is a kerazy story! I just don't knows what to thinks about that! BOL!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some people just like certain names. Our neighbour in VA had a boy and named him Michael Stephen....her two favourite boy's names. When a decade later she had another boy...a surprise, she could only think of John. She'd used up her faves. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net