My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Friday, July 26, 2019

Final Fiction, Feline, Nature Friday



I recently received this adorable email from my extra ADORABLE Nephew

Dearest Aunty HiC
You know Mom is a retired teacher, and it’s true what they say: Once a teacher, always a teacher.
Today’s lessons included:
Addition:  🐱+ 🐱= 🐱🐱
Reading: The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Word of the Day: ailurophile-a cat fancier a lover of cats.
I just have one question. Isn’t everyone an ailurophile? 😹
Time for recess!!!

Love you!
❤️ Kat Your Feline Nephew 


Initially, I answered the email in a regular
way.  Then a light bulb started flickering
in My Mind's Eye.  I said to myself, self,
I bet you can turn this into a 
Final Fiction, Feline, Nature Friday.   Making (me) nine shades of happy!!

My words/phrases are from 
Tattered and Torn: a quilting cozy
by my friend Carol Dean Jones...who happens to be human Aunty to
Teddy, at One Spoiled Cat.

line 8: certainly possible
line 12: making nine
line 16: flower garden

Dearest Nephew,
What a lucky kitty you are to have such a loving  Mom 
who enjoys teaching you about readin', writin' and 'rithmetic.
It is certainly possible there are some non-ailurophile humans
out there; however, I hope and purr I never EVER no never meet them.
Now that you have had such a thoroughly delightful
education day, it is time for recess in the flower garden!
Remember to always stop and smell the  posies.

Your Loving
Aunty HiC

All three  are blog hops...you may hop over by clicking on the links below
YAM Aunty, Final Fiction Friday
Comedy Plus, Feline Friday
Arty, Jakey and Rosy, Nature Friday



22 comments:

  1. I regret to report that Bertie is not an ailurophile. But both he and I love your wonderful, creative poem
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's what we hope too... that ole non-ailurophile pawsons should never ever cross our ways

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    OMC - Kat, you have brought out the very best of creativeness in your aunty HiC!!! This is just fabulous!!! Apppaaawwwwwwwssss... hugs and whiskeries to you -and congrats to Miss C. YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No cat should have to go to school! Then again, at least you have recess! My Mom was a teacher - and it's always easy to tell when I meet other teachers' kids: homemade play-doh, saving paper rolls, egg cartons, coffee cans, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't want to meet anybody who doesn't like cats!!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY Kat, I must first say your eyes in that last photo are Amazing Green and beautiful. I enjoyed your story and loved the story by your aunty... yes, Virginia, there are people who don't love cats, I lived with one, my dad and also yesterday the shelter posted they have 195 cats and are at max and can take no more. this world is sad. and the photos they show us are as beautiful as you.... love that profile shot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who could not love kitties! What a beautiful picture of you with your posies, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great picture of you Kat.Hope all of you have a fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a great story and an amazing feat to combine all three Friday hops in one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, Kat did a purrfect job and so did your Auntie C. This made me smile.

    Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

    Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Big hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a great poem! Ailurophile is an interesting word that we have never heard before. We love to learn new words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang, you both did a fabulous job pulling all of those things together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A trifecta of fun today C. Kat looks very handsome in the garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What? Not love cats! No way! And yes, we should always stop and smell the posies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love all our blogging kitty pals (especially Angel Madi), but that neighbor cat is a question mark:) He teases us and digs up all the landscape beds. We think we would really like Kat - he would be a great neighbor. Nice FF-F-NF post.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good way to write your fiction.

    Actually, first thought: playing teacher as a child with a cat, being a teacher, back to playing teacher with the cat....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I learned a new word and can't imagine anyone not loving cats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I likes kittehs! Wells...except for the fluffy white one that sits on my fence and flings it's tail back and forth taunting me, while I bark my arse off from inside the patio door! That kitteh needs to learn some manners! sigh. Anyhu, Kat, I just loves your photo! Very handsome indeed!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yes......we love readin' writin' and 'rithmetic around here too. We also love that you used my Auntie Carol's book for your reference words. YAY!!

    Love, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kat, we are most definitely cat lovers. My husband loves your kind as much as I do. You have the most gorgeous green eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net