My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Thoroughly Poetic Thursday

Today we join Two  SPOILED CATS 
Angel Sammy and Teddy for their poetic pictorial poem.
Here is our photo challenge
which inspired me to write two poems.





#1 Reminded me of an incident with my daughter when she was
about this age.

Curl
There was a little girl
who had a curl right in the 
middle of her forehead.
She had a special plate just
for her. It was quite fancy for
way back then.  
Smack in the middle of the bottom
it had a suction cup to prevent sliding.
She was a gleeful child.  Sometimes
she got so happy chaos happened.
Once while eating she was waving her arms
up and down.
Much to my surprise, she hit the edge of the
plate with her hand.
Food went everywhere including her curl
right in the middle of her noggin.
She opened her eyes, and was surprised 
 her food all over the place 
and in her eyes.


#2  Just looks like what my daughter might have been thinking

How did that happen? What...do you mean it doesn't go there?
It is not a hat
Frankly I don't care.
Wearing my food is more fun
that way I don't have to share.

FYI:
I have a very special lunch date today.
I might be MIA for a while but no worries I have my camera
Hugs Cecilia

22 comments:

  1. Love the poem. I like wearing my food, and find beards very useful for storage.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... it seems we have footwear and foodwear... we prefer the second one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of your poems! Thankfully, this never happened at our house☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    LOL... is there a household with children which is never faced this scenario? Oh the memories... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a mess. But, it happens. Luv your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The #2 version is how I saw it and told the Weim boys that just now and I hadn't seen your poems yet! Enjoyed both of your poems. The way we all played with our food when little it's amazing we figured out how to eat with a fork and spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your lunch! Babies can absorb food through their skin, can't they? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sure is a funny picture and a couple of great poems. Our mom says there is a picture of her like that with chocolate pudding everywhere. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little ones and food are so fun to watch. From a distance that is.

    Have a fun lunch and Thursday. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Those poems are absolutely DARLING....That plate with the suction cup was an amazing invention - never saw one of those but oh how smart! Thanks for always writing a poem or two for our Poetry Days......so you have a mysterious lunch date today? I wonder WHOOOOOOOOOOO?

    Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the daughter story... Have a great lunch and don't wave your hands around too much..MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that is the way to eat spaghetti, just all over the place. Great poem too. Have a good day and good lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super fun poems. That photo reminds Mom of the time our human brother fell asleep in his high chair with his face planted in a bowl of spaghetti:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those were great poems. I hope you had a great lunch. XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. in the eye is not good !! but we enjoyed both poems ☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your poem was excellent. Hope you had a great lunch date.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both poems are adorable today...If I close my eyes, I can still see my little brother at about 3 wearing all his spaghetti LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loves the poems! Ma's brudder used to do that (and he was older than her! BOL!)
    I can't waits to see your pics from you adventure!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. so now we have a cliffhanger ending and don't know with whom or where the special lunch is. waiting to hear. great poems and they are TRUE so that makes them better.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net