My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Happy Tuesday: Let's talk Turkey


Favorite BIL of Angel Madi and favorite SIL of ours, always gives me a nice wish list from  Cabela's for his bday and Christmas.  He is a real outdoors man.  Items I chose were a big gong target practice thingie  which arrived last week and 2 smaller items.
Last Monday  night we received a huge Cabelas box via Fed Ex.  They rang the bell but were gone before we got there. I knew it wasn't mine 'cause I didn't order anything the size of a kitchen table.  Anyway after a long conversation (30 min. conversation)  w /Cabelas they are having Fed Ex come for it. It was addressed to me and had my order number on it.  But as she found out when checking the order it was not mine.
The Lady asked me to open it to look for a packing slip.  It took both of us to get the box opened.  Lo and behold  it contained 4 turkey decoys from  Dave smith Decoys.  You might have heard us gobbling uncontrollably.  Below is a photo of Dad of Angel Madi holding the  largest of the 4.



And to add to the mystery...some how one of the smaller items I ordered for SIL, was in the box the.  For sure a first for us.  

Dearest Trout Talkin Tabbies...I hope you will forgive me for mentioning
B U R D S two days in a row? MOL MOL MOL

26 comments:

  1. we can not help but while reading we started wild gobbling too... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahaha! That was a real turkey of a delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You have us laughing out loud☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hysterical. A big Burd.You all have a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over how big a mix up that was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a huge mix up. Funny though. Life is full of unexpected Burds. I couldn't help myself.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    Somebody got their stock numbers in a twist, d'ya think??? or the packer was well into his Christmas cheer already!!! Presumably the FedEx collecting the box back, will bring the correct box to you? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. now this is a weird delivery story... BURDS ha ha and not something you ordered. maybe the person working on orders were hitting the eggnog early.... this brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH. MY. COD. That is super weird!!!!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  10. TeeHee! Gobble! Gobble! GOBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a good thing you opened the box so you found one of the gifts for your SIL. Somebody's Christmas turkeys are going to be late to the party. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I would keep those gobblers and set them up in my yard to keep the squirrels away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes! You forgot there is one more turkey, the one in their shipping department MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, that's a story worth retelling every holiday from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Someone messed up! But as I lost my butter...yes, a block of butter....I can't really say much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good GRIEF! How IN the world did they DO that! And get get you SIL's gift in there too!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  17. YIKES! Now that's a REAL mystery if ever there was one - gobble gobble.........

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness what a fun story Cabela's gave you LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. For retail and shipping people, this is the crazy-making time of the year, fur sure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't sleep knowing there is someone out there without his turkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now that is the funniest story!!! Somebody must have been partying early when they put that order together.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  22. My goodness what a crazy mess up!!
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMD, how funny!!! Wells, maybe they thought you needed some yard decor!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! That's a first! I've gotten the wrong item a time or two - but nothing that big! I've gotten the right item and the wrong packing slip a time or two as well. Four turkey decoys though?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Odd things happen around the holidays when it comes to packages. Its mind boggling when a person thinks about the quantity!!!!
    Thanx for visiting. GOBBLE DE GUNK!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net