My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

In Purrsuit of Flavors: First Wednesday

 Today I join

hosting.


Da Twins and Da Canadian Cats have selected 
SAUCES
I will be showing you our favorite BBQ sauces for 
Beef, Pork and Chicken

I  see no reason to try to make a sauce when
you can buy it 87 times better than what you make




We use Carolina Treet BBQ sauce for Chicken
With its perfect blend of vinegar and spices that BBQ from Eastern Carolina is famous for, our Carolina Treet Cooking and Barbecue Sauce has been a mainstay of southern cooking since 1953. We also make available a mustard based, South Carolina style as well.

Side Note: In NC there are two camps on BBQ sauce: East and West.  
 Eastern NC: is vinegar and spice which is our favorite
Western NC: is very much like Texas BBQ Sauce more ketchup and tomato based


Sweet Baby Ray's is our go to BBQ sauce for Beef or Pork
Made in Chicago, IL
Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce was developed in the early 1980s by Chicago brothers Dave and Larry Raymond. They named the sauce after a nickname Dave had earned as a basketball player.

17 comments:

  1. Hmmm, wonder if these are available around here...love the easy way out, too, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh we love sweet baby rays... sadly we don't have the other sauce in our junk store, we would like to taste the difference....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will have to look for these brands at our store. I seldom make BBQ anything but I do love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are Sweet Baby Ray's fans. I have never heard of Carolina Treet but I would love to try it on our chicken kabobs. I will have to look and see if we can find in here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know they sell the Sweet Baby Ray's here, but don't think they sell the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like either or types as long as it is not pepper HOT... mild is better for me. i am with you, no way i could make a sauce as good as the bought kind. we love Sonney's BBQ sauce, i get it from Walmart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    Oh I know what you mean... I am rather partial to sweet chili sauce, but cannot master it myself and why bother when it is so readily handy from the store?! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yea, Sweet Baby Ray's is darn popular here too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in WNY we're partial to State Fair Spedie sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Baby Ray's is what we use here too. It's got a kick to it and it's delicious.

    Have a fabulous day, honey. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. They all sound very tasty to us. But in our part of the country, people say there is no barbecue that comes anywhere close to the goodness of KC bbq:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have had Baby Ray's and liked it. XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish we could take the easy way out, but with our ban on sugar and most oils that are used, and the hubby's allergies, including soybean and corn products, I have to make all ours. Those sure do look good, though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look mighty good and Dad is a go to for easy! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. We used to swear by Sweet Baby Ray's sauce! I wish he made a sugar free.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great ideas....if a bought oe is great let's go for it! Up here I have seen a Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce but don't like heat. I must check and see if it's got hot stuff in it.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net