My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Friday, February 11, 2022

NATURE AND FELINE FRIDAY

Thank you to our hostesses 

 Nature Friday host LLB Gang  and Feline Friday  host Comedy Plus


Each time I walk by this house in my neighborhood, I'm drawn to the color.

Last week's blue skies and the Red Barn style home were breathtaking

This beautiful display of buttie pillars (a word I learned from Princess Leah)
at Logan's Garden Shop
(Heads up remember this photo you might see it again in another setting)

I cropped the photo then over to to LunaPic for the blurred frame effect.

 Feline Flashback from 2010
Madi always remembered the kitties who paved the way to our hearts

Photo taken December 22, 1996
 Cali da Cornish Rex my first grandcat in front
Milky-Way da Tabby our first cat behind Cali
I didn't witness how they did this. This ranks up there with one of my
best happy accident photos.

This window perch was really only for one cat but they found a way to share it and there was never a harsh meow between them.



Mutts February 9, 2022
M

Thank you all for your kind comments regarding yesterday's post HERE

So many good thoughts/questions about the photos.  I sure do wish I knew the answers.  I only recently found the two photos of my Mom and my Aunt. Aunt Ruth's pose cracks me up she was such a hoot.
I bet whatever the event was, she was dragged kicking and screaming to get dressed like that. Unfortunately there are no living family members who might know the answers.

Bertie wonder how my mom's brother managed living with  six sisters.
I do know the answer to that question:

Evidently my maternal Grandfather had a real sense of humor.
I'm told when anyone asked how he was doing, he would pause then say, "Well I'm having female trouble, "I have a wife, six daughters and a female dog"!  I'm guessing my uncle felt the same way.


23 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    That place is barn like... so much so I'd be tempted to say it is a barn conversion! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love this house... that would be our crib if we could pick one....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the kitty flashbacks...........that red house - LOVE IT TOO!!!!! Always liked that style of home.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet kitty pic.
    Thanks for answering my question. Can't quite believe your grandfather didn't insist on a male dog!!!
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, poor fellow. If he only knew the trouble females really deal with!!! lol

    Love the kitty window duo!!

    I think the best part of the house, the part that attracts me is...location, location,location!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cali and Milky-Way♥ Nice to see a photo from Logan's, especially buttie pillars! Red barns and a blue sky just go together... nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is a beautiful house and I love its color. we have a similar one on a street near us, and in the yard is a life sized windmill that is also red. the duo on the single cat perch is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that red barn house. I'd love to take a peek inside.

    Aw on the kitties. Adorable shot.

    What a fun post and your grandfather did have a sense of humor. I laughed out loud.

    Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

    Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Big hug, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. We know why that house catches your eye every time you see it. What a beautiful picture against the blue sky, too. You grandfather's response is cracking us up! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the barn house too...certainly the color. I can't imagine being surrounded by so many females...(and I love that "female trouble" your grandfather answered with when asked how he was doing. I love his sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cali and Milky Way were adorable kitties. I like that barn house. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Logan's has some really neat stuff !!!

    N wavez two ewe cali N milky way; that fotoz IZ total lee awesum :) ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the color too. Pretty butterflies and kitty cats.
    hahaha, that is what cats want. Food or treats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a nice house and sits nicely there too. The kitty cuties were adorable and oops, that's some female problem.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The red barn is sooooo pretty, and those buttie pillars are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the house too and the display, but the kitties are my favorite - and always will be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Making a home out of a barn is always something I wanted to do! Calie and Milky Way are lovely cats. I have only had one calico cat choose to live with us. Maria was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the photos of Cali and Milky Way!

    Add me to the fan club of that barn-style-home! It reminds me of a local listing here in Virginia for a church that was made into a home, it's stunning. A stunning price tag too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hugs to Angel Madi ~ creative post and photos ~ red house with shadows is awesome ~ Xo

    Wishing you lots of laughter in your day,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  20. We remember saying "buttie pillars!" There aren't any around here this time of year. But we're always sure to have some milkweed plants grow in the garden to attract monarch butterflies.

    That's a great picture of your two kitties! I don't think our kitty car cousins, Hanni and Tibie would be so tolerant of each other like that!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net