My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Thoroughly Poetic and Thankful Thursday #56

     Two SPOILED CATS,

Angel Sammy and Teddy find such inspiring photos for us


Here is today's inspiration

As soon as I saw it, several very old photos of female family members popped into my head.


Below I have a photo of my mom, Lou and her sister Ruth.
Aunt Ruth was my favorite aunt.  



Ruth and Lou 
were quite a duo.
The youngest of seven
Four older sisters, one brother.
Oh my heavens
their Mom's age was 42 and 44
Surely she had no thoughts
for two more.
Ruth was a hoot.
She was known to find fun/trouble.
Lou was a peace maker
always ready to take up for Ruth.
As for me, I think I have the best of
Ruth and Lou
Especially my gift of GAB
from both of THEM.

 Today I am also joining 

 


Today I'm thankful for a this photo challenge.
It gave me the opportunity to fondly remember 
Ruth and Lou. 

While looking thru the pictures,
I found a poem written by Aunt Ruth.
She was a very good cook.  Known for many signature dishes. 
Especially her most famous Chocolate Pound Cake
made from scratch.  
Christmas 1974 she wrote this poem about this cake.
Maybe I inherited some of her poetry skills.




 

21 comments:

  1. that are wonderful memories... and I love that your mom had so much playmates as she grew up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and such wonderful memories. But I'm wondering how the one boy turned out with six sisters!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading family histories!! This post (and photos) is a treasure. Just look at the fashions of yesteryear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos of Ruth and Lou and your poem is wonderful! The memories are so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming, delightful, and loving ... old family photos are treasures to have, and your Mom's poem so special. You have been blessed ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neat that you found that poem! That has to be special♥ Your Ruth and Lou picture is lovely and fun. Great poem, how cool that all came together for this Poetic Thursday... very special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun memories! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my kind of poem at the end and I love your mothers dress but glad I did not have to wear it.. you aunt and your mother were like myself and my cousin Andrea, we were like sisters, I was like your aunt and she was like your mother. Your aunt and my mother were only a month apart in age, mother was Sept of 1926.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hari OM
    What a joyful prompt today, that it brought your Ruth and Lou to us via your fond memory!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely great pictures and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those were really fun poems and it's especially fun with your family photos! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Aunt and your Mom were most beautiful. I would have been Aunt Ruth. I was always in trouble.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Big hug, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. C; how totally cool is this !!! the poems are awesome as is the vintage photo
    of your mom and your aunt; maybe this was a holiday, the reason for being so
    dressed up...easter or the like ??!! they were both at the same house; maybe mom
    was asked to be a flower girl in a wedding ?? !! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. What sweet memories of your mom and her sister. We love your poem and Aunt Ruth's Christmas poem. It's nice to take a trip down memory lane once in a while. The inspiration picture reminded us of the new HBO show "The Gilded Age" that is on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are lovely photos of your mom and auntie. I bet they were glad they didn't have to wear those wasp waist corsets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful memories and poem, C. Thanks so much for sharing your mother and Aunt Ruth with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great memories! We loved seeing the old pictures of your Mom and Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the old photos and that poem is PRICELESS! You definitely have the "poetry gene" !! Thanks so much for sharing Poetry Challenge day with us.....

    Hugs, Pam and Teddy too

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adored the ld photos. I love that sort of treasure. Anytime one of us posts such wonderful memories, I am right there! XX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great poem and I love the photos of your mom and aunt. XO

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net