My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Feeling Ducky

Crazy right?  Recently on our ride about I spotted the blue duck on the mail box and six in the yard.  No signs to explain.  I googled many different ways to check for a possible reason one would have blue ducks.  I found several businesses with blue ducks in their logo.  Anni found a site about  a blue Swedish duck.   She wondered if perhaps these people raised them.  This home is smack in the middle of the city. It was once owned by a lawyer turned NC senator who once ran unsuccessfully for President, hint his initials were J.E.


 I found this blue duck and description on line.  Evidently they are popular. 
I think the ones I saw were duck decoys for the water.  Note the wedge on the bottom.   
The wooden duck is a wood sculpture that is much in demand because of its cute shape and suitable for all ages, Beside that, it's also suitable for both indoor and outdoor decoration. The wooden duck is a perfect gift that you can give to your loved ones. All of our ducks are hand carved and painted by our team.


17 comments:

  1. I'd buy that last one you found! Cute. These are much better than the pink flamingo yard art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    I was thinking decoys, then saw you had surmised the same. Again I am amazed they don't "fly away", being left so randomly and apparently unfastened... Nice spot though, roving reporter!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, they do look like duck decoys, but I wonder why they painted them blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and these do not leave little gifts all over one's yard ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad they are still there. Like Yam Auntie, I'm surprised they didn;t fly away. I like how they are displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my first viewing of a blue duck of any kind, I would not want them in my yard but evidently blue ducks are IN. LOL... the wooden one is cute. ha ha on zoo comment about deposits, all the ducks leave deposits here... the mallard Mr/Mrs are having ducks soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the whimsical nature of the last duck... I'd give him a name and a home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is different. I was wondering if it was a new way of flocking someone like the flamingos. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess they just like blue duck decoys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're pretty, J.E. learned how to duck a lot late in life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe it's their version of the plastic pink flamingoes that some people put in their yards?

    ReplyDelete
  12. They must be a tribute to a certain body part that has become blue when he had to curb some activities

    ReplyDelete
  13. It made momma think of Billy Madison, BOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our grass is still too short to mow, maybe in a couple weeks. It is our last year with our neighbor boy cutting the grass, so we will enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like blue ducks more than I like the pink flamingoes some people put in their yards!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blue is unusual, but they are eye catching! Have a marvellously Happy week!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net