My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Thoroughly Poetic Thursday #79

   Two SPOILED CATS,

Angel Sammy and Teddy find such inspiring photos for us

This is our picture prompt 

Oh did this bring back a true funny story that happened when my daughter was about six this is written in her voice


In the summer of 1976,
my Uncle Greg lived alone**and far away.

He came to our house for supper. 
I didn't want to miss a minute of his visit.
We were outside playing and talking in the yard 'til dark.

All of a sudden, I realized to the loo 
I needed to go
I ran inside, no time
to light up the house.
Quickly to the loo,
I breathed a sigh of relief
I made it w/o an accident.
THEN my itty bitty tushie landed 
in the cold water of the loo.
I hollered with terror
UNCLE Greg you left the
seat UP!!**😱
(Side note:  Uncle Greg was not married at the time, lived alone and evidently rarely put the seat to the loo down.)

17 comments:

  1. omg... that is so hahahahaha...well scary LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    ...oops!!! &*> Don't ya just love childhood faux pas to relate later in life?!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your poem! Your poor daughter☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. for a minute I thought I was on da phenny and da nellies blog. LOL... i love the Sit Up... too funny.. great poem and a very fond memory. seat/sit , tomato/tomoto

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! We bet most of us had an event like that at some point in our lives because the boys/men in our lives forget sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwahahahahahaha. It's funny now, but that wasn't funny when it happened.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a GREAT memory and fun story! Having read a LOT of poetry for this photo this week from so many bloggers today - apparently your Uncle Greg isn't the only one who leaves the seat up and causes some WET TUSHIES as a result........so funny!!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness...thanks for the giggles..AND, my Daddy always used to leave the seat up so this happened to both my sister and I more than once LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could certainly see it coming but it still made me giggle and go to a full on laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear ~ Lol ~ story and cutest photo ~ Xo

    Hugs for Angel Madi

    Seeing the good in each moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a good poem and quite the funny scene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BOLOLOL!!! Mom says she thinks everyone has had that happen to them at least once:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net