My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Easter Sunday decidated to Hootin' Anni my friend.

Anni loved flowers and birds...



Ernie and Lana, sent me a photo of their Daffies that are blooming just in time for Easter. 

They are perfect for today's post to Anni.

Today I would like to dedicate this post to Hootin' Anni.
She was one of my first blogging friends in 2009.  We shared a love of felines, birding and music.  In September 2023, her original blog, Hootin' Anni, was closed permanetly. It was replaced by  Kolors of the Wynd.  There was one post on the new blog.  Anni told us she suffered a stroke in May of 2023 and was receiving at home Physical Rehab.  Since September, I have been dropping by Kolors of the Wynd to say hi to Anni and Bud.

Yesterday, Saturday March 30, 2024,  I received this email from Anni's nephew:

"As Anni's relative who followed her blog, I wanted to inform you of her passing last Ocotober.
I am so sorry to inform you this way but I wanted to let you know none the less.
She was a great Aunt to me and I will miss her laugh, creativity and photography.
Best to you,"

  I did not know him. He found me thru my blog address.  I appreciate  that he took the time to find me.  
Anni was a devoted wife, mom, grandmother, sister, and aunt.  She was a self taught artist, photographer, birder, avid gardner and walker. 
She loved Halloween.
She taught me so much about blogging, birding and writing. 

Anni made this beautiful black and white photo of Madi.


She was kind and thoughtful
I will always remember her fondly.💟


22 comments:

  1. Dearest Cecilia,
    What a lovely tribute to Anni and how considerate of her nephew for informing you!
    Happy Easter!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad news but what a lovely tribute, which I know the nephew will appreciate.
    Easter greetings,
    Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very sad news to get. Her nephew was thoughtful to track you down and let you know. This is a lovely tribute to Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecilia, I'm so sorry for Anni's loss. It was kind of her nephew to reach out and let you know, though. Blogging friends can mean just as much to us as in-person ones, and I think Anni would be touched by your wonderful tribute. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this beautiful memorial to Annie, I have missed her so much and wondered how she was doing. She and you were among my very first blogger friends. She is sadly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful tribute to Anni♥ She was such a talented lady and I will miss her. Happy Easter to you and Bryan, Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter Cecilia. This kind of you to let us know about your blogging friend it's difficult to lose good friends like that. Lynn and Precious

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear this...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, sorry for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry, Cecilia. I remember Anni when I first had my blog on Blogger. She was a wonderful person. Your post is a beautiful dedication to her and to what a kind and talented woman she was.
    I am wishing you and Bryan a Happy and Peaceful Easter♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hari OM
    Ooohhh, I had noticed a lack of her comments around, but had no idea! Thank you, Miss C, for sharing such a beautiful post in her honour and thus letting the wider community know of Anni's passing. All too often people just disappear from our circle/s and we are left dangling... Blessed Easter to you and Bryan. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful tribute to your friend. We love seeing the daffodils from Ernie and his mom, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such sad news. I loved Anni and her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for the loss of your friend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry for the loss of Anni, what a beautiful lady she was...
    Blessed Easter to you and B!
    hugs,
    Beth, Ed and the Girls

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gentle hugs to you, peace and blessings to Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We send purrayers to you as you remember your friend. She sounds like someone we all would have enjoyed knowing too. How nice of the nephew to give you closure. It usually helps to know .

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are sorry for you loss. Happy Easter. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's very sad. We didn't know Anni but I do remember seeing her name lots. Happy Easter from all of us at Brian's Home.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose someone you love at Easter, or to learn of the loss then, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heartbreaking news but thankful to you and her nephew for letting us know. I shall miss Anni dearly. So sorry for your loss. Thank you Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It can be hard for others to understand that the friends we make through our and their blogs are truly real friends. I felt the loss of Jean of the Canadian Cats, first after her stroke, then her death just recently. I'm sorry for your loss, too. Anni sounds like she was a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net