My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Monday, April 29, 2024

Awww Monday and Sparks

 

 Thank you to our   

Host Comedy Plus 

My neighbor (the one I've made the memory quilts out of her mom and sister's blouses) sent me a text and the photo below. 
This is the raveled corner
Jane:
"What is the best way to mend the corner of this throw.   It was on the back of a chair in  Susan's home (her sister). It had never been used.  Now I use it to snuggle with when I watch TV.  Just would like it not to start shredding apart."
Me:
Looking at it here (might be different in person) I would say by hand matching yarn/thread either or with a crochet stitch.
Jane:
"Well I don't know any crochet stitches.  Thread is fine and I don't care if the repair is noticeable, Just want to stop the raveling."

Me: 
I replied I know several crochet stitches that might work..need to see it in person.


 
***************************

Jane lost her Mom and her sister, Susan, with 16 months of each other.
I knew this was a special throw.  As I examined the entire border of the throw, I saw other potential areas that would ravel.  I went a tad over board on my repair...
Jane thinks I just repaired the corner.  I crocheted a single crochet edge around the entire throw.  It is 48" long and 63" wide

Below is the photo of my repair.
I have skeins and skeins of yarn.  I selected Lion Brand Yarn, Mt. Rainier Tweed and it is washable.  Luckily I had a hook smaller (USD3/3.25mm) enough to go thru the thick throw. 

 I was very happy to do it for her. She is so very thoughtful and kind.
No matter who is sick or how well she knows them she cooks a complete meal 
to deliver to their door. 
 


I finished the edging last weekend.  Jane was away at family wedding.
I'll take it to her when she returns.


22 comments:

  1. Awww, how kind of you to help your friend. Gail is impressed with your repairing skills. Waste not, want not!
    (Which is Nobby's approach to scraps of food too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so kind and sweet of you to fix that throw so it will now last for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very kind of you! I'm sure she'll appreciate it very much, especially given how much the throw means to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! super repair job and I like the looks of it even more with the trim. you are so talented with your sewing and quilting. wish you were close enough to hem a few t-shirts that are way to long for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari Om
    Perfect 'blanket stitiching', Miss C! What a wonderful thing to do. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very kind, she will be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a wonderful and thoughtful thing you did for her. You know it'll be appreciated for a very long time, and that'll bring you Joy in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful. I made it big and your stitches are lovely and made it new again. Your Kindness Spark is perfect for highlighting your neighbor's kindness for making meals when needed and your thoughtful kindness making her throw new again in turn. A lovely post about kindness and "sprinkling" it around, C ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. She will be so happy you could mend her precious quilt and make it even better than before. Something so special has to last. We try to sprinkle kindness, it is so easy to do and it makes our world a happier place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job and so sweet to help your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is never difficult to "choose kindness".

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great way to help stop the unraveling of that blanket. We're sure your neighbor will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did an outstanding job, Cecilia, and how very kind you are♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're a jewel and you did a great job. I know she's happy. You're are just the nicest person.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Love and hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was sweet of you to do and it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a treasured and talented friend. ~ wonderful and creative mending ~ hugs,

    Hugs to you and Angel Madi ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet of you to go above and beyond. I am impressed with your mending, such neat stitches! Happy day to you Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You sure did follow the wisdom of your own Spark. That was a great fix for your sweet friend. Mom says leftover yarn can always find a good purpose somewhere along the line.

    Woos - Misty and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful act of kindness C....you did a great job!
    hugs!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a super nice repair and bless you for spreading the kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  21. She will think of you and smile each time she settles in with the repaired throw. That was so kind and loving to help with the repair of the loved throw. I feel as though I know you, and reading this sweetness of friendship didn't surprise me a bit XO

    ReplyDelete
  22. You do lovely work and these are excellent Sparks.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net