My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Monday, September 30, 2024

Awww Monday....The end of an era


We thank our Hostess Sandee at Comedy Plus  

After 32 years of serving Raleigh, we said farewell to 

all our friends at Seaboard Cafe.  

 Saturday September 28, 2024 

I posted this on Awww Monday because it has been an absolute

Awwwesome privilege to dine there and know everyone.


We had 3 meals at Seaboard the last week

 September 23, 2024

Me egg salad cold plate.  Rafael makes the best chicken noodle soup. He surprised me with a cup.

Bryan's  BLT


We both ordered Reubens with potato salad on 9/25


Saturday September 28, 2024 our last lunch
Bryan had a cheeseburger with fries
I had BBQ pork sandwich with red bliss potato salad and a dill pickle
There was complimentary cake too.




There was quite a celebration at Seaboard today 9/28/24.  Packed at 10 am (they don't start serving til 11)...when Rick walked in the cafe he got a standing ovation...he was very overwhelmed....VERY.  I don't think he truly understood until this last month what a difference has has made in Raleigh.  Bryan ordered a cheese burger and fries.  I had a BBQ sandwich.  WE will not need supper.  We said our goodbyes I made cards for all.  I put monetary gifts in each one for the staff. I gave Rick a Retirement card.  Hopefully I fully expressed how much he has meant to us.  Some one had made a beautiful book with photos (much like an annual) for all to leave messages in too.  
We sat on the Patio til time order and about 30 minutes after we ate.  We  would have stayed longer just to soak in the last day but we needed to give up our table.  Walked around a bit to see other diners that we have known for years.  One asked where I'd be going for lunch on Saturdays...I said we have decided we will no longer eat lunch on Saturday.

Rick (top pictured with us) retired. He was founder and Owner of the  

Best Cafe in Raleigh

Rafael and Danielle have been working at Seaboard for as long as I can remember.  Rafael's two nieces Argny and Ruby worked on weekends.  Their Kitchen Staff Jossa, Maggie and Paul worked magic in the kitchen.

Rick designed commemorative T shirts
WE each bought one.  The photo on the back was a painting a customer gave him many years ago.  It is the cafe

May 1991- September 2024

We will miss Seaboard and Staff more than words can say.  We are thankful to have had at least one meal there a week since we discovered them in 1992.   

I made cards for everyone telling them how much their friendship meant to us.

My thoughts on Seaboard that I put in a retirement card to Rick

7 comments:

  1. Would you believe here in Aberdeen I am feeling sad too!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end of an era indeed! That is a very long time that you have been visiting there, and I am sure they will be very missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry, Cecilia. Seaboard Cafe and all of its employees will be missed for a long time. I'm happy that you and Bryan got t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always so sad when great places decide it is time to go, but they had an amazing run and are ending while still on top. Now they can relax and enjoy the rest of their lives. How great they had shirts you could get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now there was one business that was really running for a very long number of years. And I am sure everyone who ate their fabulous food is going to miss the whole atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari Om
    Like Gail, as a long term reader, I will miss your reports from Seaboard! May Rock and crew enjoy the new phase in their lives. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net